Being a Big Girl...long

I agree with many of you about this issue. This forum enables me terribly! (I'm not complaining). What happens for me is that I won't notice the bags when I'm in the store, but then I see them revealed here, see how nice they hang, how they look on, etc, and suddenly I feel like I MUST HAVE IT. Then it becomes an obsession until I get it, and after that a new bag might sit with tags for months because I have others that I really like using so I just rotate a few faves. Eventually I'll snip the tags, but sometimes these bags only get used a handful of times. Maybe I can't find clothes in my closet that match the way I want them to, or maybe I just can't bring myself to switch out of the bag I'm using because it's so comfy and slouchy or just plain PRACTICAL for my everyday needs. Yet what do I continue to do? Obsess over new bags and try to "plan" how I will afford the next purchase!

I agree with a few of you about Sabrina and Sophia, though. No matter how many reveals I see, these bags will never be for me. They are beautiful and look fabulous on all you ladies, but I know myself, and this style is just not practical for me, so I've been able to easily resist the hype this go-round.

That's exactly how I feel, OP! I collect bkz they look gorgeous and its fun to get them, but then when time comes to carry them they just sit in the closet NWT and never get used... I buy bags to "look at them" lol, and it's a problem for me too... glad you were able to figure something out, hope it works for you~ :smile:

i totally agree with everything you said except i love sophia!!!!!

I agree with many of you about this issue. This forum enables me terribly! (I'm not complaining). What happens for me is that I won't notice the bags when I'm in the store, but then I see them revealed here, see how nice they hang, how they look on, etc, and suddenly I feel like I MUST HAVE IT. Then it becomes an obsession until I get it, and after that a new bag might sit with tags for months because I have others that I really like using so I just rotate a few faves. Eventually I'll snip the tags, but sometimes these bags only get used a handful of times. Maybe I can't find clothes in my closet that match the way I want them to, or maybe I just can't bring myself to switch out of the bag I'm using because it's so comfy and slouchy or just plain PRACTICAL for my everyday needs. Yet what do I continue to do? Obsess over new bags and try to "plan" how I will afford the next purchase!

I agree with a few of you about Sabrina and Sophia, though. No matter how many reveals I see, these bags will never be for me. They are beautiful and look fabulous on all you ladies, but I know myself, and this style is just not practical for me, so I've been able to easily resist the hype this go-round.

Soorry for the delay in responding - just returned from the outlet and I had no regrets at all funny the lady next to me bought the original Kristin Satchel that I returned hahahaha someone will enjoy her. I ended up with about $460 in refunds and I purchased two key fobs. Nothing caught me eye and I needed nothing. I actually felt pretty satisfied walking out knowing that I have all that I need right now.

Thanks ladies fr understanding - I hardly ever get caught up in bags - but I think with all that is going on I realized that I wanted more than to just say I had - I wanted to be able to use and the bags just were not practical for my - now let me find a Kira and it is on :graucho:

I agree with this whole heartedly. All of the bags that I bought on impulse at the outlet have gone back or been sold, except for a few.
I have stumbled onto sophia now. I am so in love with her shape, that I feel like I need to buy all of them or else I will regret it down the road. It's love though, to the point where I could seriously sell all of my coach except for the sophias. This bag makes me happy.

I feel the same way....just my OBSESSION is the Shoulder Bag....:graucho:

I SOOOO understand what you are saying......Oh gosh I usually am on the LV forums more than here...and I am SOOOO obesessed with LV...always have been...but...
omg...being on those boards...people are buying bags every day and lots of stuf...it feeds the monster in me....I just have to take a break sometimes from my fantasy of buying 10 LV bags:P

its like you said...its about the buy...the hunt...the obsession...attaining it...:nuts:

I have learned if the bag comes home and I don't cut off the tags quickly and it sits for a while...then I don't really love it....and it goes back...

Just a question. Many of you mention keeping the tags on your bags and taking a while to decide whether to keep them or not. How long can you keep a bag and then return to the Coach store? I have only purchased mine from Macy's, eBay. And, years ago my husband worked for a promotional company from which I was able to get my Coach bags at 40% off retail. This was back when there were only the classic bags....not hundreds a year put out. In truth, there was nothing like the quality of those bags....I am talking about twenty years ago.

There's no time limit.

So true, I think my friends think I'm crazy. The one things is they see a new purse right away. Many of them are spending $$$ on cloths and or shoes something you don't notice as much since those you change often. I tell them, look just because my obsession is in your face doesn't mean it's wrong!! :P

So true, I think my friends think I'm crazy. The one things is they see a new purse right away. Many of them are spending $$$ on cloths and or shoes something you don't notice as much since those you change often. I tell them, look just because my obsession is in your face doesn't mean it's wrong!! :P
I understand completely. People don't realize they spend just as much on other things that interest them as we or at least I do on coach and I only buy from ebay, bonz and outlet and great prices. I find myself only using coach wristlets and coinpurse around certain people because I don't want to here oh how they would not spend that much on a coach. Not wanted to here how you can get a great deal on them. My co-worker whom I'm really close to was complaining yesturday about a student that works for her wanting to buy his mom a coach purse. She said why would he spend that much money on his mom when she just lost her job. I thought that would be a great pick me up for his mom and the thought that he wanted to do it for her was so sweet. So today I purposely used a big c signuture coinpurse when we went to the cafeteria and made sure to swing it in her face. Although I don't have a lot of money I still like to have my coach at all times.;)

About no time limit: I put the receipt in the purse pocket until I clip the tags, then when I clip them, I put the tags in the receipt envelope. That way, I'm sure I have everything in case of return.