Beijing/Shanghai Chanel - Question for those who've been!

As far as I know, the classic flap is abt $100 sing dollars more in Beijing as compare to Singapore.

(I was told by the locals...there are no sales tax...Not true???)

so that's not too bad..but could be abt US$300 more (comparing US & Beijing)

More imptly, u can buy something u want quite easily (as compared to Chanel in Singapore..out of stk pretty fast)

Hi dleesy. Which place were you referring to on this " More imptly, u can buy something u want quite easily (as compared to Chanel in Singapore..out of stk pretty fast)"? Do you mean in Hong Kong? Or in Singapore.

I'm now even more confuse! :confused1: I so wanna get something! *hahahhah*

Hi dleesy. Which place were you referring to on this " More imptly, u can buy something u want quite easily (as compared to Chanel in Singapore..out of stk pretty fast)"? Do you mean in Hong Kong? Or in Singapore.

I'm now even more confuse! :confused1: I so wanna get something! *hahahhah*

Hi Lalique,

Oh, I meant I got the colour/bag, I wanted in Beijing.:P
It's kind of difficult to get the "bag" u want in Singapore (out of stks most of the time) as for HK..there are a few chanel boutiques, so better chances of getting it there in HK.

The only thing I missed getting in Beijing was the sandal I was eyeing..but they don't have my size, the boutique mgr was kind to enough to suggest to get it ship from shanghai but they needed 2 working days..but my flight out..was the very next day...:sad:

As for this sandal, Singapore didn't bring this in at all:tdown:

A little off topic but where is the Chanel in Beijing? Is it in the World Trade Center? I know LV and Hermes are there just by driving by but I didn't see a Chanel sign on the outside.

I dont know for Chanel, but LV is a bit expensive. Accdg to my sister who studied in Shanghai -- the luxury tax is high therefore luxury goods are mopre expensive. You dont and can't get a refund on the taxes when you leave bec it's already included in the price.

Oh, I know this is an old thread.

I am going Shanghai soon and so did a search and found this thread. Tks to all your posts, nope, am not buying any Chanel during this coming trip since prices are so high in China due to the high tax on luxury items.

The Goods and Services Tax in Singapore is 7% and tourists can get a FULL refund when the amt is above a certain sum (can't recall the amt but it is rather insignificant, 3 digit). There is only ONE Chanel boutique in Singapore and that is located at Ngee Ann City.

Chanel is cheaper in Hong Kong compared to Singapore.