Beige Poudre vs. Amarante

kprovie6

Jul 6, 2010
For my first Vernis pieces, should I go for the beige poudre or the amarante?

The beige poudre is going to be limited, correct? That's why I'm thinking the beige now, since amarante will always be available?

The beige is not considered limited...just seasonal (clearly I just got off the phone with 866). It will be around until it sells out or new colors are released. They make a certain run...and sell until they sell out.....but not exactly limited.

Now back to your question. I would def. go for the edge. I like the gold undertones and I think Amarante is too dark

kprovie6 said:
For my first Vernis pieces, should I go for the beige poudre or the amarante?

The beige poudre is going to be limited, correct? That's why I'm thinking the beige now, since amarante will always be available?

Amarante, it's mysterious nd sexy yet glam.

The beige is not considered limited...just seasonal (clearly I just got off the phone with 866). It will be around until it sells out or new colors are released. They make a certain run...and sell until they sell out.....but not exactly limited.

Now back to your question. I would def. go for the edge. I like the gold undertones and I think Amarante is too dark

hmmmm......I wear a lot of black and dark colors....I'm getting nervous about the color transfer issues with the light vernis!!

Unfortunately, light coloured vernis leather is extremely susceptible to colour transfer and stains...a colleague bought the alma in blanc and it was stained within a month of use!! (note: the colleague is careful with her bags!) And for vernis (patent) leather, stains are often impossible to remove. So I'd say stick to amarante to be safe, unless you are super good at bag care and are prepared to baby the bag.

Unfortunately, light coloured vernis leather is extremely susceptible to colour transfer and stains...a colleague bought the alma in blanc and it was stained within a month of use!! (note: the colleague is careful with her bags!) And for vernis (patent) leather, stains are often impossible to remove. So I'd say stick to amarante to be safe, unless you are super good at bag care and are prepared to baby the bag.

OMG!!! WHOAAA, that is crazy! Nevermind then, Amarante it is!!! The lighter colors are beyond beautiful, but too much $$ for such issues!!!

Amarante.

The Beige Poudre is so beautiful, but if this is your first vernis bag, then I would lean towards amarante. Its so much easier to careful, and colour transfer won't show.

I would only consider the Beige Poudre in an evening bag, like a Sobe clutch or an alma bb - because its handheld and less likely to end up with the colour transfer issues if you are really careful.

Amarante.

The Beige Poudre is so beautiful, but if this is your first vernis bag, then I would lean towards amarante. Its so much easier to careful, and colour transfer won't show.

I would only consider the Beige Poudre in an evening bag, like a Sobe clutch or an alma bb - because its handheld and less likely to end up with the colour transfer issues if you are really careful.

Thats what I'm thinking....the bb may be the better route. Thank you!!!!:biggrin: