Beige/Nude HELP!

Fashion412

Jul 2, 2017
I swear to god YSL has 500 shades of beige. So I need help.

I want to get an envelope clutch that matches my nude louboutins, but there are SO MANY VERSIONS OF BEIGE, I have no idea what is the right shade. I ordered a style that Neiman Marcus titled "dark beige" but the photo looked lighter than the bag that I got (so it went back bc it was an ugly shade of tan that resembled block heeled shoes from the '80s). I've seen: Poudre, Beige, Nude, Medium Beige, Dark Beige, Sand, Latte.... anyone have swatches?! I feel like the YSL website isn't helpful either.

I swear to god YSL has 500 shades of beige. So I need help.

I want to get an envelope clutch that matches my nude louboutins, but there are SO MANY VERSIONS OF BEIGE, I have no idea what is the right shade. I ordered a style that Neiman Marcus titled "dark beige" but the photo looked lighter than the bag that I got (so it went back bc it was an ugly shade of tan that resembled block heeled shoes from the '80s). I've seen: Poudre, Beige, Nude, Medium Beige, Dark Beige, Sand, Latte.... anyone have swatches?! I feel like the YSL website isn't helpful either.
I hear you... I'm in the same boat. I purchased the Becky chain wallet in Gold Sand and now I'm trying to find a small key pouch/coin purse to put my key fob in. From what I've seen, Saint Laurent hasn't made an SLG in that shade of beige, so now I'm looking at other designers. Here's my chain wallet in different lighting so you can see what different lighting does to the bag. In my opinion, the truest color of my bag is across between the bottom two photos.

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

I hear you... I'm in the same boat. I purchased the Becky chain wallet in Gold Sand and now I'm trying to find a small key pouch/coin purse to put my key fob in. From what I've seen, Saint Laurent hasn't made an SLG in that shade of beige, so now I'm looking at other designers. Here's my chain wallet in different lighting so you can see what different lighting does to the bag. In my opinion, the truest color of my bag is across between the bottom two photos.

View attachment 4773216

View attachment 4773217

View attachment 4773218
Thank you!!
I don’t mind - and actually appreciate - the versatility in shades as many designers never do that (see: Louis Vuitton, Gucci) but I think the nomenclature needs to be consistent - whether on the YSL website or on a department store site. If I know there’s 10 shades of beige but they are all consistently named, I’ll know what I’m getting.

Complete aside- neimans and bergdorfs have the worst photos and names of colors for bags. I even got an entirely wrong bag from them before. Who’s leading their web design ship?

Can anyone help with this beige?
I ordered this camera bag off matchesfashion and it doesn’t say which one it is. SSENSE is called dark beige, are they the same colour?

Attachments

• F8D871CE-C4DF-4BA9-A5F4-09AD7A6555A2.png
    F8D871CE-C4DF-4BA9-A5F4-09AD7A6555A2.png
    347.5 KB · Views: 51
  • E095C7B4-1D5E-4F80-8E00-4943EBB8BA74.png
    E095C7B4-1D5E-4F80-8E00-4943EBB8BA74.png
    228.8 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: papertiger
Can anyone help with this beige?
I ordered this camera bag off matchesfashion and it doesn’t say which one it is. SSENSE is called dark beige, are they the same colour?

Here's a video of the small loulou in dark beige... she mentions the Saint Laurent color code and how they call it dark beige.

Last edited:
does anyone know what colour of beige this monogram chain wallet is?

it's described as cream on farfetch but i wanted to know if it's powder or sea salt by any chance. thanks in advance!
does anyone know what colour of beige this monogram chain wallet is?

it's described as cream on farfetch but i wanted to know if it's powder or sea salt by any chance. thanks in advance!

Saw this WOC color as sea salt on Saks website, was also looking to buy it in the recent sale, but didn’t eventually.

Below is avorio (left kate) and dark beige (right kate). Anybody seen avorio before?? Also avorio in the woc 2nd to last pic. Last photo is dark beige again. I was actually looking for the color powder.

Attachments

• 20210515_124846.jpg
    20210515_124846.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_03211.jpg
    IMG_03211.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_05211.jpg
    IMG_05211.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: MsMickiii and Srxc
I need to bring back this thread.

On the SL website I found the puffer in ivoire natural so I started looking for photos. According to the SA the color is new for spring but it seems to be the same as „Avorio“ which obviously is not a completely new color.

Color code for ivoire natural is 9141.

I am not sure whether I like the dark beige or the avorio more. Has anyone seen the avoiro in the boutique and could share thoughts?

I have. My friend originally purchased the avorio at Nordstrom without seeing the dark beige in person. She ended up taking her bag to the Saint Laurent boutique to compare the two colors and liked the dark beige better. I have a picture of her trying them on side by side. I would say the avorio (left) is a dark ivory with a yellow undertone and the dark beige (right) has a brown undertone.IMG_3872.jpg