Beige Classic ‘Flop’: Keep or Return?

baninny

Nov 29, 2013
Hi everyone,

Hope you are safe and sane during this time.

I kind of feel guilty for posting during this time but we all cope differently...anyway, here it goes.

I am in a bit of a pickle here. I am one of the folks who ‘panic shopped’ for a classic flap before the price increase. I currently have a black Classic Flap Medium Caviar GHW in my collection and I always wanted a beige version with GHW.

All stores are OOS of the GHW so I bought the “last piece” available yesterday (beige medium caviar SHW).

When I unboxed it, it didn’t make my heart skip a beat - cheesy, I know (I just rolled my eyes). I don’t think I was disappointed because it’s SHW - I think the beige was just lighter than I hoped it would be in person. I am a bit underwhelmed. The purse was nicely packed and it is flawless but I just don’t know if it’s worth the $6300 (tax included) I paid for. Deep inside I know I can get a beige (shade that I like) Coco Handle GHW for a couple thousand $ less.

I don’t know if I should return this and get a Coco handle instead or if I should keep this knowing that down the road, I may want a beige classic flap when price is more outrageous as it already is now and I would definitely regret not keeping this. I know for sure I will not buy a classic flap in the future with the new prices. I also know that I can buy a coco handle in the future (fingers crossed).

I know ultimately it’s my decision but I wonder what you would do? Appreciate your thoughts.

PS - I don’t think I will consider preloved/vintage at this point.

Attachments

• E0EE9837-76CB-4C8C-9153-B5269B9A457F.jpeg
    E0EE9837-76CB-4C8C-9153-B5269B9A457F.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 676
The bag is really beautiful but I totally understand your uncertainty! If it were me, I would probably return it. I don't like having things in my collection that don't make me super happy, especially at such a high price. Have you tried the bag on with a few different outfits to see if it suits your style? I do this with all of my bags just to make sure that it is versatile and worth the money. I hope this helped! x

The bag is really beautiful but I totally understand your uncertainty! If it were me, I would probably return it. I don't like having things in my collection that don't make me super happy, especially at such a high price. Have you tried the bag on with a few different outfits to see if it suits your style? I do this with all of my bags just to make sure that it is versatile and worth the money. I hope this helped! x
I like this idea! I will totally do this tomorrow and see what works. Thanks for your input. Very helpful.

Reactions: x_allegra_x
I think you should return it and wait for one that you love. I also prefer a slightly darker beige and purchased a beautiful seasonal medium flap last year. Wait until you find a beige you love!

Reactions: baninny
Don't roll your eyes at yourself... if your heart doesn't skip at a 6k bag, return. The last time I bought a classic flap, I actually gasped when I opened it (it's the white one in my profile pic). That's the reaction you want to have.

maybe put it on your shelf for two days and think about if you’d miss it? I once returned a bag cause I compromised on the hw and I recently found photos and totally regretted it.. haha
on the other hand, when you’re already calling it flop it might be better to return it :P