Beige claire v. Black

My apologies for another beige Claire question. I used to own 2 black flaps, a jumbo and a maxi (loooong story). Fast forward to today, when I'm looking for a new jumbo. However, I'm debating whether to wait list myself on a black caviar shw or beige Claire ghw jumbo flap list.

I'm tired of black, but it's versatile and no need to worry about stains or color rubbing on it and it's my only go to color. I'm loving beige Claire because it's not black and simply TDF. My concerns: maintenance, versatility as an everyday bag, and especially considering I'll be a new momma in several months.

Would you use caviar beige flap as an everyday bag? Would you use a beige flap as a mom (it'll also be a push gift)? Finally, maxi or jumbo, considering I'll be carrying an LV neverfull gm as a 2ndAry bag + diaper bag.

Thanks ladies, I'm so lost and need professional input before I have Dh plunk down his CC on a waitlist.

Hi Op, I will be facing the same issue when the time to pop arrive, but my answer would be NO. I will not use a beige flap be it jumbo or maxi as a mom.

A beige is no doubt very versatile, relatively low maintenance and complement whatever outfit I wear. HOWEVER i will never use it as a daily bag as a mom. What if baby pukes on it? or worse, what if baby poops on it? Sure its only secondary bag, what if you place it in the trolley and a thief steals the flap whilst you change baby's diaper?

All i can imagine is impracticality. Save your bag for special occasion and not daily use as a new mom ^^

i have the same dilemma! the only difference is that i'm looking to use beige claire as an everyday or other day, work bag - is that still workable?

can beige be as low maintenance as black in caviar?

i have the same dilemma! the only difference is that i'm looking to use beige claire as an everyday or other day, work bag - is that still workable? can beige be as low maintenance as black in caviar?

beige claire is definitely workable as an everyday or other day work bag.
BUT beige claire caviar is NOT as low maintenance as black caviar.

personally i would get beige in the M/L size and black if you were thinking of getting the jumbo! only because the jumbo is larger, therefore easier to get dirty and because of larger surface. also if you are thinking of getting the beige, i definately recommend caviar! lambskin would be a nightmare!

i have the beige and i got it because it is different, also very versatile and i find black boring. i actually had a stain on it from wearing it with a navy blazer so the color rubbed off onto the bag! i almost had a heart attack but i went home and cleaned it with some leather cleaner and thank god it came off! so it's actually not too hard to maintain! but do be careful with clothing that has color transfer eg. jeans! :smile:

My apologies for another beige Claire question. I used to own 2 black flaps, a jumbo and a maxi (loooong story). Fast forward to today, when I'm looking for a new jumbo. However, I'm debating whether to wait list myself on a black caviar shw or beige Claire ghw jumbo flap list.

I'm tired of black, but it's versatile and no need to worry about stains or color rubbing on it and it's my only go to color. I'm loving beige Claire because it's not black and simply TDF. My concerns: maintenance, versatility as an everyday bag, and especially considering I'll be a new momma in several months.

Would you use caviar beige flap as an everyday bag? Would you use a beige flap as a mom (it'll also be a push gift)? Finally, maxi or jumbo, considering I'll be carrying an LV neverfull gm as a 2ndAry bag + diaper bag.

Thanks ladies, I'm so lost and need professional input before I have Dh plunk down his CC on a waitlist.

Fist of all congrats on the baby !!
I vote for beige without a doubt!
I mean come on 2 black jumbos AND a black maxi?? Yes beige may need some extra attention than black but...you HAVE one in black already...!!!
I say get the beige... spenting 5000$ on a purse justify a little more pampering whatso ever! JMHO!

So just to clarify - do you currently still have a black jumbo, or are you replacing the jumbos that you previously owned?

I have a 21 month old daughter and am in the process of purchasing a jumbo. I had the same debate raging in my head... I LOVE the look of the beige, but ended up going for black caviar. To be honest, although it's easy to focus on the perils of having a tiny baby around an expensive bag because you're expecting, it's more when your child gets a little older that I'd worry about.

When my daughter was smaller, poop wasn't an issue (your child will rarely be THAT poopy in public that it poses a risk to your bag), although spit up is always a possibility. That said, now that she's walking, the biggest concern for me is that when I pick her up to put her in or out of her carseat, etc, her shoes hit right where my bag hangs. I can't imagine little wet boots or even slightly dirty shoes on a beige Chanel.

I'm not sure if your expecting your first child or if you have others, in which case none of this is news to you. My biggest issue with bags is that prior to having my daughter I was ALWAYS in control of what happened to my bag. If there was a stain or mark I knew exactly where it came from. With a child around, you just never know. Marks show up on my bags that undoubtedly come from little hands and such.

I'm tired of having bags that need to be super-babied, which is why I went for the black. When you're out and about with a little one you have enough things to worry about without having to stress about your bag. I'd go for the black, unless you're not too concerned about a beige getting dirty.

Good luck with your decision, and congrats on your pregnancy!

I also meant to add that if you already have a black jumbo then of course go with the beige, but I understood from what you wrote that you no longer have your black jumbos.

Hi Op, I will be facing the same issue when the time to pop arrive, but my answer would be NO. I will not use a beige flap be it jumbo or maxi as a mom.

A beige is no doubt very versatile, relatively low maintenance and complement whatever outfit I wear. HOWEVER i will never use it as a daily bag as a mom. What if baby pukes on it? or worse, what if baby poops on it? Sure its only secondary bag, what if you place it in the trolley and a thief steals the flap whilst you change baby's diaper?

All i can imagine is impracticality. Save your bag for special occasion and not daily use as a new mom ^^
wouldn't the stealing the bag while changing the diaper be a problem for any chanel bag, not just beige? LOL

i see no point in having 3 black flaps so i would go with beige. put a stain/water spray on it and don't use it so much when you are with your baby, ie take it out when your DH and you go out. you have two other black bags to carry when you are super worried about staining (ie when it's raining or snowing).