Beige Claire Chanel and Dark Blue denim

Secret823

O.G.
May 7, 2010
I am looking to purchase a jumbo caviar in the the biege claire color. My only concern is the blue dye from my jeans may stain the bag. Has anyone experienced this?.... and do you have any suggestions on how to avoid it?

I have a gorgeous beige claire jumbo w/GH and have not experienced any color transfer to date.

To avoid it, I do not use this bag when I am wearing jeans or anything dark or new. I know that sounds a bit crazy but I only wear it with light coloring clothing that has been laundered and is safe from bleeding. Should something happen, I think Meltonian will help to remove dye and is good for conditioning the leather in general. I am sure others will chime in with their experiences and knowlege though.

The only way to be sure you won't get color transfer, is not to wear dark denim. I have a pair of Ralph Lauren jeans that color still rubs off of after like 20 washes. Ugh. I only carry a dark bag with them.

Some people swear by baby wipes for getting color transfer off.

This may sound weird too, but in the spirit of helpfulness...

I have a few light color non-Chanel bags and I have had color transfer if I carry it in a way that makes it rub against one spot repeatedly as I walk. Usually it's when I wear the strap long and it is resting/rubbing on my hip if that makes sense.

My trick to prevent it is to slip a small silky scarf into the back pocket of the bag (mine has one) and let it drape over the leather. It usually adequately covers the primary rubbing spot and if I fold it right you can't even see it from the front. Mind you, this is only an issue for me with very dark, indigo kind of denim (which I wear a lot).

I don't know about denim material but I've carried my beige cavier medium with dark coloured clothing like black and navy blue. I have even been caught in the rain many times while wearing dark coloured clothes with the bag. No colour transfer so far.

This may sound weird too, but in the spirit of helpfulness...

I have a few light color non-Chanel bags and I have had color transfer if I carry it in a way that makes it rub against one spot repeatedly as I walk. Usually it's when I wear the strap long and it is resting/rubbing on my hip if that makes sense.

My trick to prevent it is to slip a small silky scarf into the back pocket of the bag (mine has one) and let it drape over the leather. It usually adequately covers the primary rubbing spot and if I fold it right you can't even see it from the front. Mind you, this is only an issue for me with very dark, indigo kind of denim (which I wear a lot).

gosh this is a GREAT suggestion, I've got to try it!

I had color transfer on my beige claire from a black satin silk top and ever since then I stopped using my beige claire with any dark color clothing.. once bitten twice shy..!

I have beige claire and don't ever use it with anything dark! I do also own a few pairs of dark indigo denim, and have experienced color transfer on my other bags, so I would avoid it completely, I always where light colors with my beige claire, which means most of the time its in its box because I love wearing dark colors! oh well!

I have a gorgeous beige claire jumbo w/GH and have not experienced any color transfer to date.

To avoid it, I do not use this bag when I am wearing jeans or anything dark or new. I know that sounds a bit crazy but I only wear it with light coloring clothing that has been laundered and is safe from bleeding. Should something happen, I think Meltonian will help to remove dye and is good for conditioning the leather in general. I am sure others will chime in with their experiences and knowlege though.

^I am the same way! If the bag gets marked up a bit then baby wipes usually do the trick. I have used Meltonian on my bags for color transfer and it works great!

lovinmybags.com sells leather cleaners that help remove color transfer that does occur. They also sell something that helps prevent color transfer from the get go. I've tried the leather cleaner and it's fabulous, but never tried the one that prevents color transfer...

I have a beige clair PST w/GHW and would never carry her when I wear dark jeans...too scare of color transfer. It happened to me before with my white gucci bag ugh...

There was one time I carry my pst and I was wearing black jeans... I had to baby her like a mad woman and keep checking my bag and make sure I don't put her on my lap or when I carry on my shoulder the bag never touch anywhere near my jeans LOL

Never again... but then again I always too careful with my bags haha.

Well, even with my lighter colored bags, my jeans never factor into the equation... the bag never touches my jeans. :hrmm: I'm not really sure how it does for anyone (I can't quite picture this... unless you wear the medium single strapped). In any case, I usually carry my lighter bags ('05 beige claire, '00V beige claire, '07 off white hybrid, etc. etc.) while wearing dresses/skirts. :smile: I have worn lighter bags with darker colors (purple, red, etc.) and always check the back to make sure there are no issues (so far, so good). :sweatdrop: