Begging & pleading didn't help me

Hi jojo

I was in the store with my mom and she was browsing the sunglasses while I was paying for the bag that I used my PCE on. When I completed my transaction, I walked over to my mom and told her I was done. She told me that she had impulsively decided to buy a pair of sunglasses. I had JUST used my PCE 30 seconds before so I asked the manager if they could honor the PCE on my mom's glasses so that she could save $50. She told me that there was nothing they could do. She seemed sympathetic and even went into the back to ask the district manager (who was in the store at the time) if they could make an exception since I had just used my PCE and my mom had just decided to buy the glasses right at that time. The DM flat out refused and told me that it was only for one transaction and that they couldn't refund my transaction and ring it in again because they card no longer works once it is scanned through once. This is when I got upset (not mad) as I knew that she was feeding me a load of ********. I know for a fact that this can be done as they have done this for me in the past and I know that all the cards have the same barcode so they were just lying to me. I had just spent $1000 in a two day period and I have spent thousands all this time that I have been a customer yet they refused me this gesture. My mom ended up buying the glasses anyways because she truly wanted them but I was sad that she had to spend an additional $50 for them when I could have saved her that had she bought them 30 seconds before.
Needless to say, I am upset and I will be making my point in the best way possible. I plan to go back to the store and I will return BOTH of the bags that I bought last weekend. I will spend my money elsewhere. Sorry Coach but there are about a million handbag designers and many actually show that they DO appreciate their loyal customers.

I would have returned it all right there and refused to let my mom get them, but I am spiteful like that. I got horrible Best Buy customer service more than 2 years ago and haven't been back since. My DH bought me something from them about 6 months ago and I told him he had to take it back.

I understand the policy and if they [Coach] really wants to be that picky about 30 seconds, so be it. However, don't flat out lie to me and say the card can't be rescanned. This reminds me of the stupid lady I wrote about at Macy's that told me Coach stores had a 90 day return policy just like Macy's. :cursing:

For those of you that don't get the PCE cards in the mail, there are tons of people on Ebay selling them when there is an event.You can buy yourself one for $1 if you really want something from COACH. I personally get suckered in each time i get it in the mail. i feel like its a waste not to take advantage of the discount. thats how COACh gets me =\ This past August PCE event, I wanted to get the gold apple frame FOB in addition to a wristlet i got and the girl told me it was not available for ordering even tho it was posted on the website. :sad:

Hi jojo

I am in Vancouver too and I have been a long time customer at the Vancouver boutique (downtown) and I also sometimes shop at Oakridge. I have had the managers of both stores bend the "rules" for me many times as they know me very well and have always offered me things such as price adjustments to get the PCE price on previous purchases that I had made. This is no longer the case at the Vancouver stores. Coach is really cracking down on them. I purchased two bags last weekend...a Legacy on the Saturday (with no discount of course) and then on Sunday, I bought a Bleeker tote for a gift.

I was in the store with my mom and she was browsing the sunglasses while I was paying for the bag that I used my PCE on. When I completed my transaction, I walked over to my mom and told her I was done. She told me that she had impulsively decided to buy a pair of sunglasses. I had JUST used my PCE 30 seconds before so I asked the manager if they could honor the PCE on my mom's glasses so that she could save $50. She told me that there was nothing they could do. She seemed sympathetic and even went into the back to ask the district manager (who was in the store at the time) if they could make an exception since I had just used my PCE and my mom had just decided to buy the glasses right at that time. The DM flat out refused and told me that it was only for one transaction and that they couldn't refund my transaction and ring it in again because they card no longer works once it is scanned through once. This is when I got upset (not mad) as I knew that she was feeding me a load of ********. I know for a fact that this can be done as they have done this for me in the past and I know that all the cards have the same barcode so they were just lying to me. I had just spent $1000 in a two day period and I have spent thousands all this time that I have been a customer yet they refused me this gesture. My mom ended up buying the glasses anyways because she truly wanted them but I was sad that she had to spend an additional $50 for them when I could have saved her that had she bought them 30 seconds before.
Needless to say, I am upset and I will be making my point in the best way possible. I plan to go back to the store and I will return BOTH of the bags that I bought last weekend. I will spend my money elsewhere. Sorry Coach but there are about a million handbag designers and many actually show that they DO appreciate their loyal customers.

That's just amazingly stupid of your SA. I guess this one of the reasons that I adore my SA. I paid for my PCE items and as I was walking out, I saw the display with the lipgloss, which I've been wanting and forgot to buy. My SA said, without me even asking, "it's not too late if you want to buy it." She then walked behind the counter, grabbed my PCE card and gave it back to me. Not only did I end up buying the lipgloss, but also an agenda. This is why I always make sure she is in the store when I go shopping. She's the BEST!! I don't blame you for returning your bags. Good customer service goes along way with me. I've successfully stayed out of Walgreens for over 2 years due their horrible customer service.

Coach has always been very clear about PCE. I know for a fact that in the past they were able to let things slide and even give invites to those who didn't recieve them. Unfortunatly, because people abused this, that was stopped. You have to read the invitations clearly. They will always tell you when the event is and what is not available during it. A few of my friends work for Coach and are always frustrated by the lack of awareness on the customers' part. Ladies: READ EVERYTHING. It's never the end of the world if you have to wait till the next event to buy a bag.

I know rules are rules, but rules are also meant to be broken....sometimes. During last March's PCE, I purchased two bags. After getting home and trying them on, I decided one was just way too large for me. I went back to the store a few days later and asked to exchange it for the smaller size and still get the 25% off (PCE was still going on). The SA said she didn't think so. so I said that I would just return the bag and get nothing else. She then went in the back to ask the manager and when she returned she said that I could get the smaller bag and they would give me the discount. I was thrilled with the good customer service. During the most recent PCE I inquired about purchasing one of the excluded items and was told no. I accepted that answer and purchased something else.

Frequent lurker here. I've been a customer of Coach's for nearly ten years, but decided this past June no more. Between the poor quality of some of their lines, the price increases, and dreadfully poor, uneven customer service, I just refuse to hand over my hard-earned moola to them. It was a very hard habit to break, but I am just getting rid of the last of my twenty or so bags on *bay. For me it wasn't about not buying any more future bags; I won't advertise for them as well, by carrying their stuff.