Before it's too late, should I?

LibJames

O.G.
Oct 28, 2011
Hey friends! I'm looking for some opinions.

I currently own a mini so black rectangular chevron. It's so very beautiful, but I don't find myself carrying it very often. I'm currently obsessing over the iridescent flap in m/l. Do you think I should sell the chevron in favor of the iridescent (before it disappears completely)? I guess what I'm worried about it that I won't reach for the m/l much more than I am the mini and if that's the case, I may as well keep the one that I have as it's so pretty and hard to find.

Any thoughts?

any issues with your so black hardware chipping like some others have posted?? if not, u need to keep it!! honestly the iridescent bags with the same HW do nothing for me. i always think to myself before i purchase a bag if i can see myself carrying it 5 years..... and with iridescent. NOPE. i can't even see myself carrying it next year, just giving you my honest opinion. so black is so chic!! i tried to get my hands on the m/l last year but of course they were sold out company wide. :crybaby:

is the mini your first/only chanel? i'm just thinking if you don't use the mini - assuming it's your first piece - then you probably won't reach for the flap either. you might just be coveting pretty pieces w/out the intention to use them. i'd probably just use what you have first unless it completely doesn't fit your lifestyle and was a purchasing error like that. if it's more 'just because i like the iridescent flap' the you should probably just enjoy what you have and not bother with selling to repurchase. the iridescent flap may go away but something better always comes along that you'll like even more ... and so it goes...

any issues with your so black hardware chipping like some others have posted?? if not, u need to keep it!! honestly the iridescent bags with the same HW do nothing for me. i always think to myself before i purchase a bag if i can see myself carrying it 5 years..... and with iridescent. NOPE. i can't even see myself carrying it next year, just giving you my honest opinion. so black is so chic!! i tried to get my hands on the m/l last year but of course they were sold out company wide. :crybaby:
I know! If I could find the m/l in the so black that didn't cost so much on the resale, I would swap out. And thankfully, I haven't had any issue with chipping. My goodness, now I'm a littler nervous, though... Thanks for the advice!

is the mini your first/only chanel? i'm just thinking if you don't use the mini - assuming it's your first piece - then you probably won't reach for the flap either. you might just be coveting pretty pieces w/out the intention to use them. i'd probably just use what you have first unless it completely doesn't fit your lifestyle and was a purchasing error like that. if it's more 'just because i like the iridescent flap' the you should probably just enjoy what you have and not bother with selling to repurchase. the iridescent flap may go away but something better always comes along that you'll like even more ... and so it goes...
Very insightful. It is my first and only, I've been holding out for the perfect boy for a long time. I typically carry BV's, Celines or Chloes.
This is sound advice. I think I get so impatient to make the purchase I REALLY want (boy) that I start focusing on things to distract me.
Thanks for weighing in. :smile:

I sold a few of my bags (including the so black chevron mini) to get the iridescent classic flap and boy bag and haven't regretted it since! The iridescent leather and rainbow hardware are the most unique I've ever seen!!
I'm so glad you have it and love it!! Are you carrying them often?

any issues with your so black hardware chipping like some others have posted?? If not, u need to keep it!! Honestly the iridescent bags with the same hw do nothing for me. I always think to myself before i purchase a bag if i can see myself carrying it 5 years..... And with iridescent. Nope. I can't even see myself carrying it next year, just giving you my honest opinion. So black is so chic!! I tried to get my hands on the m/l last year but of course they were sold out company wide. :crybaby:

+1

I wouldn't let go of a so black unless you flat out don't like it. I think it will be timeless. I find the iridescent pretty, but at 39 it doesn't feel like it has staying power in my life.

I have both the so black chevron m/l flap as well as the purple iridescent purple m/l flap. It's a tough choice since I love them both. The so black is timeless and so chic and the iridescent is so unique and special. BUT, if I had to choose to keep only one, I would keep the so-black. As previously commented, I think so-black has stronger staying power than the iridescent. But it really comes down to which one speaks to you more and which one makes your heart skip a bigger beat! :smile:

+2
Black bags goes with everything even 10, 15 years down the road jmho

I actually feel that too. I really really really love the so black. Loved it from first sight.
You know what? I'm just going to make more of an effort to pull it out and use it. Sometimes it just takes that mindful commitment, right?

I actually feel that too. I really really really love the so black. Loved it from first sight.
You know what? I'm just going to make more of an effort to pull it out and use it. Sometimes it just takes that mindful commitment, right?

Yes. I've found that to be the case with some of my bags.

I agree with those who said keep the so black. I think it has staying power and will be a classic you'll love even more as time has gone on. I'm not the biggest fan of the irridescent bags and think they have a chance of looking dated later.