Before I Purchase My Lady Dior...

Kitsune711

Apr 18, 2017
Hello everyone!

I've finally saved up enough to purchase the bag I've been vying for for a long time, a My Lady Dior! I'm so excited to go to the store and pick one out. I kinda want the older model with the badges because the badges are so cute and the new ABCDior only comes in three colors, none of which I'm crazy about.

I just want some advice from other Forum members:
1. Could I wear my bag for both everyday and also formal occassions (color matters in this case, teal might not be formal suiting)?
2. How well does the lambskin cannage hold-up when used as an everyday bag?
3. Does the patent leather get that "tacky-sticky" feeling?
4. Any general words of advice/warning before I commit?

(I have to admit though, that new LV Monogram Geant collection is pulling on my strings...but I must remain strong)

Reactions: Namwan-
Hello everyone!

I've finally saved up enough to purchase the bag I've been vying for for a long time, a My Lady Dior! I'm so excited to go to the store and pick one out. I kinda want the older model with the badges because the badges are so cute and the new ABCDior only comes in three colors, none of which I'm crazy about.

I just want some advice from other Forum members:
1. Could I wear my bag for both everyday and also formal occassions (color matters in this case, teal might not be formal suiting)?
2. How well does the lambskin cannage hold-up when used as an everyday bag?
3. Does the patent leather get that "tacky-sticky" feeling?
4. Any general words of advice/warning before I commit?

(I have to admit though, that new LV Monogram Geant collection is pulling on my strings...but I must remain strong)
1) Why not? Use the crossbody strap for day wear, and take it off for the evening. Perfect bag in both cases.
2) Lambskin is on the delicate side so corners can show rubbing if you do not avoid bumping them into things. As long as you are careful with the corners and also your nails on the bag, then it should look new for a long time. Certain calfskin leathers like Box calfskin are even easier to scratch than Dior lambskin.
3) No, but it may oxidize and yellow over time if the colour is light. I don't recommend light patent leather.
4) No. It's a wonderful bag!

Reactions: chopchep
4. Treat your LD nicely and it will hold up well. I will not use it everyday, especially a LD, though it can be worn casually and for formal occasions (without the strap).

Congrats in advance for a LD!

Ps.. Always buy classics first before you spend on trendy bags. LV giant monogram is cute, but not classic. stay strong my dear!

1. Could I wear my bag for both everyday and also formal occassions (color matters in this case, teal might not be formal suiting)? Yes! It’s perfect for both every day and formal. So easy to dress up or down.
2. How well does the lambskin cannage hold-up when used as an everyday bag? I’ve seen some look very bad but I think if you take care of it, it’ll look amazing for years to come. My SA actually took her nail across a lamb skin book, rubbed on it, and the mark went away. It’s not as delicate as everyone thinks.
3. Does the patent leather get that "tacky-sticky" feeling? Not sure about this. I’ve never had this issue with any of my patent leather bags.
4. Any general words of advice/warning before I commit? Do it! Love it and enjoy it. It’s really a beautiful classic.

averagejoe and Venessa84 answered your questions thoroughly so below is just my 2c about my LD.

I have my LD for a little over 2 years now, I don't use it everyday because I purchased light color for summer but it is holding up extremely well. I plan to purchase a few more LDs in the future in darker colors so I can use her everyday, so black and/or navy would be more appropriate in this case.

I am not even a fan of small monogram, the giant monogram is a GIANT NO NO for me. Sorry. :sad:. Stay trong, Dior all the way. Every time I use it, I fall in love over and over and over again. In my opnion, LD is truly a masterpiece, you'll enjoy it.

Thank you everyone for your input! But....
Alright so here's what happened when I went to my local Dior today. I was excited and tried on a bunch of different color Lady Diors but then some "issues" were coming up.

1. The color options I was offered were very few. I asked about possibly getting another color in and I was politely rebuffed. Pink, Black, Navy, White and Ox Blood/Burgundy were my options and even less in the ABCDior, which I knew already.

2. The straps were all different depending on the color. I fell in love with the Ox Blood/burgundy but it only came with the much older "button style" strap with few choices in charms. Navy came with a modern strap but the construction of it was...off(?), it didn't look right. Some of the bags stitching on the sides weren't very...neat or well put together when I saw them up close.

I've tried my "dream bag" on many times before and I was on cloud 9 with them but I didn't pay enough attention in the past. When I went today, it wasn't doing it for me. I went to other stores in the area and I found a bag in a color I really wanted and suited me better. My new bag, "Bagatha", and I went home together.

Thank you everyone for your input! But....
Alright so here's what happened when I went to my local Dior today. I was excited and tried on a bunch of different color Lady Diors but then some "issues" were coming up.

1. The color options I was offered were very few. I asked about possibly getting another color in and I was politely rebuffed. Pink, Black, Navy, White and Ox Blood/Burgundy were my options and even less in the ABCDior, which I knew already.

2. The straps were all different depending on the color. I fell in love with the Ox Blood/burgundy but it only came with the much older "button style" strap with few choices in charms. Navy came with a modern strap but the construction of it was...off(?), it didn't look right. Some of the bags stitching on the sides weren't very...neat or well put together when I saw them up close.

I've tried my "dream bag" on many times before and I was on cloud 9 with them but I didn't pay enough attention in the past. When I went today, it wasn't doing it for me. I went to other stores in the area and I found a bag in a color I really wanted and suited me better. My new bag, "Bagatha", and I went home together.

Sorry it didn’t work out for you but glad you were able to find something that did. What did you end up with?

Small Gucci Zumi in dark green grainy leather. :heart::heart::heart:
The structure is wonderful because I wanted something that wasn't going to lose its shape.
I've never purhased anything Gucci but they were right around the corner so I popped in.
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. Kind of a shame that they had so few colour choices, and also the sides looked wonky. I guess Dior lost business to Gucci in this case.