BEFORE & AFTER treatment/ restoration/ repair (pics ONLY)

Addy

The Odd Mod
Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 19, 2006
Please post any "before" and "after" pics with a quick explanation of what was done and who did it :tup:

The thread for comments about the transformations is here:

Last edited:
Back in December, one of my HGs appeared on VC - an 04 Dark Turquoise City — but boy oh boy was it in bad shape
I reached out to the seller for clarification of the wear & then contacted Barbara at Lovin my Bags to see (1) if repairs were possible and (2) how much they might cost

After much back & forth, the seller accepted my offer which, along with a discount code from the website, made the final cost of the bag after LMB repairs, lower than the seller’s original asking price

The bag arrived in early January and it sure was a sad site :crybaby:
The leather at the base of the handles was broke all the way through at all 4 bases
The laces & leather were nearly shredded at the top of the handles
The corners & piping were heavily worn
Overall, the color was severely faded & discolored

IMG_1535.jpegIMG_1536.jpegIMG_7938.jpegIMG_7939.jpegIMG_0992.jpegIMG_0991.jpeg

IMG_7949.jpeg

Last edited:
After 2+ long months, I finally got the call that the bag was done and ready to be shipped back
I paid my invoice & waited patiently, but after more than a week, it still hadn’t arrived
I reached out to Barbara who said she noticed a few last minute issues that she wanted to fix
After another week, she finally arrived & it sure was worth the wait!!
My original request (& her quote) was for handle replacement & corner repairs.
She had said she would get new leather for the handles & use that same leather for the corners/edging
I knew she’d probably clean it up, moisturize it, but I figured there wouldn’t be much change in the color & I was OK with that. I was wrong! In addition to the handle & corner repairs, Barbara did a full color restoration
It honestly looks and feels like a brand new bag!
You probably notice that the rivets are different. While the originals weren’t damaged (as far as I could tell), I suppose once you remove them, they can no longer be re-used. At least we now know where to do if anyone ever needs a replacement of their rivets!
I’m so impressed with the work she did on this bag!!:yahoo::love:

IMG_3165.jpegIMG_1555.jpegIMG_1563.jpegIMG_1562.jpegIMG_7948.jpeg

IMG_1564.jpeg

IMG_1565.jpeg

After 2+ long months, I finally got the call that the bag was done and ready to be shipped back
I paid my invoice & waited patiently, but after more than a week, it still hadn’t arrived
I reached out to Barbara who said she noticed a few last minute issues that she wanted to fix
After another week, she finally arrived & it sure was worth the wait!!
My original request (& her quote) was for handle replacement & corner repairs.
She had said she would get new leather for the handles & use that same leather for the corners/edging
I knew she’d probably clean it up, moisturize it, but I figured there wouldn’t be much change in the color & I was OK with that. I was wrong! In addition to the handle & corner repairs, Barbara did a full color restoration
It honestly looks and feels like a brand new bag!
You probably notice that the rivets are different. While the originals weren’t damaged (as far as I could tell), I suppose once you remove them, they can no longer be re-used. At least we now know where to do if anyone ever needs a replacement of their rivets!
I’m so impressed with the work she did on this bag!!:yahoo::love:

View attachment 5975005View attachment 5975006View attachment 5975007View attachment 5975008View attachment 5975009

View attachment 5975011

View attachment 5975012
This is just stunning and amazing ! Barbara restored my light coloured Fendi from dark spots all over it …. needless to say I have a brand new Fendi now after her treatment, with no difference in leather feel. It just looks new ! Few years ago she restored my Weekender to a beautiful shape and color and Mulberry Bays in old oak darwin leather with broken handle to perfection !!!! Barbara and LMB are THE BEST ❤️❤️❤️

• Love
Reactions: iluvmybags
This is just stunning and amazing ! Barbara restored my light coloured Fendi from dark spots all over it …. needless to say I have a brand new Fendi now after her treatment, with no difference in leather feel. It just looks new ! Few years ago she restored my Weekender to a beautiful shape and color and Mulberry Bays in old oak darwin leather with broken handle to perfection !!!! Barbara and LMB are THE BEST ❤️❤️❤️
the handles, IMO, are the best part
They're nice and thick and firm

Reactions: Conni618