BEFORE & AFTER (comments ONLY)

I was going to try this myself, and after seeing this post, I tried it. I applied the Appleguard conditioner before, and I thought it dulled the color of my cornflower city. Now after applying lubriderm, the color is deeper, and more vibrant. I actually liked the effect. I think it's because the veins don't show as much...

didi78 said:
so i tried roo's lubriderm technique on the back of my new scrug (I found a RIP in my leather, BTW, see my other thread :cry: ). The right side of the picture is the treated side, and the left is the untreated. As you can see, the marbleling has lessened significantly, and overall it appears "darker" because the white veins have disappeared. So far so good!

View attachment 28331

Wow! It looks really good after you treated it! :smile:

only LUBRIDERM! I just ordered apple from leatherstuff, but haven't gotten it yet. i have a feeling that the lubriderm probably doesn't last as long as the apple, cause the results are not as striking this morning after about 12 hours have passed.

I think it depends on how much you use didi. I tried the apple on my bag first and it moisturized it a little, but nothing close to the affect of the lubriderm. My twiggy still looks great this morning.

in an extension of the lubriderm experiment, i have tried another type of lotion on my ink clutch (l'occitane, to be precise). amazing! my clutch wasn't too veiny, but it was a bit. now it is not!:yes: :yes:

feeling bold, i lotioned my other (older) bags, and they all look great! and, as someone else mentioned, it is nice to feel you aren't getting toxic chemicals all over your hands.

so, my conclusion is, maybe any kind of lotion works, as long as it is mild and doesn't have too much fragrance/chemicals.