been two weeks almost =[

"she originally sent an email to not ask about transit times =[

I'm a bit sad cause her shipping and let trades shipping prices are both like $30 but I get let-trades in 3 days "

To me, that post by evolkatie posts me in a negative light and gives rise to the proceeding comment by another user. Not only is it negative, in my humble opinion, it is also factually incorrect.

Now I fully appreciate it is very difficult to express oneself properly on email/online and what Kate meant might have been very different to my interpretation of what she meant.

Likewise, my comment about it would have been sensible to contact me first rather than moan on a public forum has been interpreted very negatively by you pinkish_love, which is not how it was intended. As you stated, this forum is to express concerns/comments/opinions, which is exactly what Kate has done and exactly what I have done.

If it was coming from the same country, I would be very worried after 2 weeks. However this is coming from another continent! I had something shipped to me from Paris and it took a month. Accordingly to the post mark, the seller shipped the day after I made payment! I am sure it's on its way there and will be there soon.

i agree with pinkish.

my take was that even though the way the OP said you asked not to bothered with questions about shipping was misconstrued this was still the way she took it- not to bother asking. so she didn't. she came here where you have a stellar reputation and asked for advice and other people's experiences with you and shipping. i get the impression (and i could be wrong) that the op is young and therefore more easily intimidated.

you certainly have the right to defend yourself in any way you wish or say anything you want to say. but i do not think you were being attacked or that your reputation was tarnished in any way. as a matter of fact many people sang your praises.

your response though, in my opinion, did not help. they say you catch more flies with honey- wouldn't it have been easier to say "i'm sorry it's late. of course you could have contacted me. i will check where it is and email you privately"? i for one would never buy from you now. i'm sure you don't care but i was a little shocked by your response to a seemingly innocent question.

Likewise, the buyer could have emailed me privately. So it's OK for her to "query" in public but not OK for me to deal with that query in public. I have also asked on at least two occasions for the buyer to drop me a line if there are any problems.

Clearly we are at cross-purposes and you don't understand where I am coming from as a seller. There were multiple points brought up on this thread and I felt it prudent to address each, as clearly some elements were not understood due to the differences country to country: shipping prices, shipping timescales, trackable postage -vs- signed for postage, shipping costs, express services and the availability thereof, customs problems, holiday traffic, misinterpretation of emails etc.

trust me- i am a seller too. i totally understand. but i think considering the people on this board are your potential clients you could have been a little nicer. that's all i'm saying.

i for one had no idea you were a member here. so i should watch everything i say about any seller just in case they're members? i truly believe the buyer was looking for a sympathetic ear and advice- not trying to trash you.

I believe I covered that in my caveated post at the top of Page 3 where I said it was very difficult to communicate online and that I accept there may have been misinterpretation on both sides. I also believe my response has been correct, pleasant and factual.

I am sorry there has been a delay with the postal services and I am sorry that the buyer is miffed by this, which I totally understand. My point is, and always has been, I cannot offer any help if I do not know there is a problem or a concern or a complete mis-interpretation of the emails I send out after each purchase. This is not a forum I check regularly so it was lucky someone felt the urge to draw the matter to my attention and I hope, now, the buyer's concerns have been addressed as clearly and fully as possible.

I can understand both, the buyer and the seller. As a buyer with maybe not as much experience with international shipping, I can understand the concern that something happend to my item, but I think the first step should be to contact the seller. Only the seller can help with questions regarding the shipping of an item. Anyway it's only natural to worry about your package. Things get lost in shipping and I'm sure everybody would feel worried if the shipping takes longer than expected.

I can also unterstand a seller that reads something on an open forum, that could have been resolved with a short email.

evolkatie, I'm sure you will receive your package soon.

A lot of these posts make the uk postal system seem like some stone age operation with dinosaurs and carrier pigeons - lol!

To be honest in my experience royal mail is very very fast, its usually once the parcel reaches usps that it disappears from the radar!!! Especially at holiday times.

I agree that tpf is a place to air your gripes and concerns, but I think the DECENT thing would have been to contact the seller first. Most sellers take their reputations very seriously and its unplanned, unthoughtout, glib comments like these that can make others think twice about buying from that seller in the future.

If the boot was on the other foot I'm sure anyone here would be mortified if a seller started a thread about how slow one of us was to pay without contacting us first!

I think its been cleared up now where the parcel actually is - from what I've read....but I just wanted to add that the uk postal system is one of the fastest and most secure in the world and I hope this thread doesn't put anyone off from buying from us here in the UK or buying from rebeccalou as you would be missing out on excellent merchandise for no good reason!

Peace :smile:

I'm not saying that she's a bad seller or anything, just the shipping process takes a while. I've ordered at least 5 other items after this one and they're coming from all parts of the world. Most have already arrived. I guess I was a little sad when everyone else who ordered their item arrived before mine =/ But like I said, it's not the seller. I don't know how the UK postal service works and I'll see how it works recieving and sending (cause I just send a package to the UK yesterday.)

Also, I didn't mean to say anything negative about you Rebecca. You have a business to run and I do understand that you're really busy. I was simply asking the forum members approximately how long does it take a package to arrive from the UK. I'm positive that there are many members that have bought something from you.

Thank you for the clarification Kate; please never hesitate to drop me a line via EBay/email if there is a problem. I think I am most approachable.

As I said, three parcels were posted to the US on the same day and one has arrived; in fact, it arrived on the 23rd if not before which was 8 days after posting - it was sent to New Jersey. Forgive my ignorance of US state geography, but I do not know where that is in relation to you.

Parcels posted the few days either side of your item appear to be trickling through now so, fingers crossed, it will arrive with you this week.

The issue isn't with the UK postal service - it's what USPS do with incoming items when they arrive. I have never understood why it takes items a week to arrive from arriving in the country. When incoming items arrive here in the UK, they hit the airport one evening and are out on the delivery van the following morning. Now I appreciate USPS has a much bigger area to cover and obviously more mail but you would have thought the infrastructure was in place to support the demand. It is very frustrating trying to explain it as this happens from time to time and everyone expects the USPS service to be fantastic.

No worries. Obviously if it doesn't turn up let me know. Just for interest, to send what you bought tracked would be about 30 to 35 GBP. I post a Le Tal by that method earlier in the year - it was about 75 GBP.