Been scammed? Use ic3.gov, they're a godsend!!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know what a blessing ic3.gov is! In one of my previous posts, I described how my dad was scammed out of around $1500 on eBay. I contacted and filed a complaint with ic3.gov on July 18 - and I got a letter today from the State of WV Attorney General's office saying that they want to investigate further and that they will be going after this person after I fill out some papers!

If anybody's been scammed, I absolutely recommend that you file a complaint with them! :yahoo:

2. I was given this name today too by a Paypal rep. I'm glad to see they helped you out! Thanks for posting!

3. WOW! Great to know!:yes:

4. Who's funding the investigations? What's in it for the site?

5. IC3.gov is a website developed by the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center. Oh, and the Attorney Generals Office in West Virginia will be doing the investigating with a partnership with IC3

6. Thanks for the heads-up, lamiastella! I'm bookmarking this site! :smile:

7. It's great to have this info. Thanks soooooo much for sharing.

8. FINALLY!!!! I was scammed once a while ago. Do you think they will take old cases?

9. Thanks for the site! I bet it will help many!

10. Good luck with the investigation.

11. I wouldn't see why not! Give it a shot. It's free, and you can't lose anything by trying :smile:

12. I got scammed a while ago on eBay, but when I filed a report with them, I never got any reply :cry: I'm glad they could help you, lamiastella! :yes:

13. Does it exist something like that in Europe too? U.S.A. are always a step forward us! :tup:

14. that great news...keep us posted:tup:

15. Thanks so much for this info!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice