Been coveting the Muse for 4+ years.... help me make my final choice!

rnp1987

Apr 21, 2008
Ok so here is my Muse story.... I have loved this bag (in the large size) for about 4 years now. I just graduated from college in May and want to treat myself to a really classic bag once I pass my CPA exam (hopefully this May). I decided what would be a better time to get my muse.

But I am having trouble deciding on the color. I am torn between either black or grey. For such a large price tag I want to be absolutely sure of my decision. I normally rotate my bags about once every week, so it would need to be versatile. I have a lot of other colored bags (Rebecca Minkoff and Balenciaga) so I feel like I want this to be more classic rather than a "wow" color.

So would you get the classic black muse, or venture out and get another color? (i.e. grey or some other dark neutral color). I'd love to get some advice from the YSL experts.

Do you want patent or leather? Personally I would go with black in regular leather. Grey is harder to find in leather and I wouldn't get it in patent, it's too light a color and will show marks.

I say go with a neutral color other than black! Something along the lines of a dark gray, pewter, camel, or navy... The Muse is such a classic bag, and I think for your age, it would be great to give it a little touch of pizazz with some color (but still neutral enough to keep forever!). I have a dark pewter that I absolutely adore and it goes with everything black would, but the color adds just the right amount of punch. Plus, it looks like you already have a great black bag (your MAM)!

Good luck on deciding and on the exam (my BF is currently studying for his 3rd section-- I know it's tough!). :tup:

Wow, that is a great question...if I did not find my black for a bargain, if I had a budget to choose new bag now, I would go for one of gray shades of muse. There is an amazing blue-gray color, to die for. Black is amazing, I love my Muse, but gray has always attracted me. YSL is so great with colors :heart: the same for black, black muse is really special.

Also, I have to admit that I have never liked gold too much, prefered silver tones, but YSL black leather - patent or smooth leather - go so amazing with their subtle gold hardware. That is giving bags a real high level of style.

basically, whatever you choose you will not make a mistake. Judge on the basis of your wardrobe. Take a look at muses in YSL reference library :flowers:

Ok so I guess the real question is what grey should I be looking at? I see a pewter muse on the bay right now, but I just haven't seen them in person so I have no way to figure out what grey I think is the "best" grey.

Ughh how am I going to make this choice??? Any more opinions would be great!

Oh and side note: I've had my RM MAM (my only black bag) for almost two years, so I could really use another one!

Definitely go black... I have some black bags that I would never let go of. I also have classic grey bags, such as a Bal Day and MJ blake, and even though they're classic, I'm not as attached to them. I don't know why, but it is what it is.

Oh and side note: I've had my RM MAM (my only black bag) for almost two years, so I could really use another one!

Go for the Black. I really think if in doubt go for black, I should take my own advice because Im torn between the two colours too not in a Muse though:smile:

I say go with a neutral color other than black! Something along the lines of a dark gray, pewter, camel, or navy... The Muse is such a classic bag, and I think for your age, it would be great to give it a little touch of pizazz with some color (but still neutral enough to keep forever!). I have a dark pewter that I absolutely adore and it goes with everything black would, but the color adds just the right amount of punch. Plus, it looks like you already have a great black bag (your MAM)!

Good luck on deciding and on the exam (my BF is currently studying for his 3rd section-- I know it's tough!). :tup:

I have a burgundy one. It's a great fall/winter neutral.