Bed Update: new pillow

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. some of you might remember...last spring I bought the Carriage scarf and made it into a pillow.

I wasn't planning on doing another but when this other came out I had to!

goes with the large French pattern on it...French Carriage, French military jacket.

anyway...here are pics!

Attached Files:

• bed.jpg
      bed.jpg
      File size:
      118.5 KB
      Views:
    • bed1.jpg
      bed1.jpg
      File size:
      114.7 KB
      Views:
  2. and to tie it in...I am having Soleil de Soie made into a bolster (round pillow) with gathered ends and ornate French buttons in the middle of the gathering that will be on each side...

click here for a pic of that: #98

Attached Files:

3. We have the same taste, GG, I just bought the Brandenbourg (in black) and I've been eyeing the Carosse. They look great as pillows, and are a great match stylewise.

4. I'm not sure if I'd ever do it, but I love it! And I love the theme you have there -- those two scarves are fantastic together like that? Did you make these yourself? What is the back -- another scarf or some other fabric?

5. Oh my, what a gorgeous idea!

6. Excellent idea, beautiful pillows.

[​IMG]

7. Great work, GG!

8. Wow what a great idea!

9. They look great!

10. thanks guys!

I didn't make them myself but sent to a local place.

They charged me $100 each which includes labor, the insert and the silk backing

the blue Carriage one has a gold silk on the back and the Military Jacket has a chocolate brown silk on the back

11. GG - those are gorgeous! I love your idea for bolster, too! It will be stunning!

12. Guccigal, so pretty! I love it. :smile:

13. I love the scarves made into pillows. Simply STUNNING.:yes:
    I was going to frame a shawl or a scarf because I love the colors but I am having a hard time finding a place on my wall. So I think I will follow your womderful idea and have pillows made from the scarfs.

14. Those pillows are fabulous!!! Very clever idea!!!

15. Fabulous idea GG!!! There are some designs I love, but they don't suit me.. perfect cushion material!