becoming addicted to drugstore cosmetics

I have just recently discovered ELF cosmetics and I love them! Great colors and glides smooth on skin, you'd think it's an expensive makeup once on! :smile:
not sure whether you're referring to the foundation but I just purchased Flawless Finish foundation and it's pretty nice. Paula's Choice - which as you probably know critiques ingredients as well as performance - gave this a 5 star rating. I'm NW20 in MAC and I got this one in the lightest shade, Porcelain. They only have four colors. The Porcelain is a good match for me and it has a dewy finish, which is what I wanted. I have normal/dry skin. For $6 (or less with a coupon) you can't go too wrong with this (assuming you can find a shade that works for you).
During my recent OCD on foundations I purchased L'Oreal Lumi, Maybelline Fit Me (colors didn't work). Also sampled MAC Face and Body and MAC Waterweight. I haven't ruled out the MAC but I think this ELF is a keeper.

not sure whether you're referring to the foundation but I just purchased Flawless Finish foundation and it's pretty nice. Paula's Choice - which as you probably know critiques ingredients as well as performance - gave this a 5 star rating. I'm NW20 in MAC and I got this one in the lightest shade, Porcelain. They only have four colors. The Porcelain is a good match for me and it has a dewy finish, which is what I wanted. I have normal/dry skin. For $6 (or less with a coupon) you can't go too wrong with this (assuming you can find a shade that works for you).
During my recent OCD on foundations I purchased L'Oreal Lumi, Maybelline Fit Me (colors didn't work). Also sampled MAC Face and Body and MAC Waterweight. I haven't ruled out the MAC but I think this ELF is a keeper.

I've used the Elf Flawless Finish foundation in the past (been a couple of years), and I remember really liking it. It did a nice job. I also really like their BB cream - it's got nice coverage & gives a beautiful finish - but for some reason, it breaks me out. :sad: I normally only run into that issue with silicone-y primers, so I'm not sure if maybe it has some similar ingredients or what.

I am not very amazed with Rimmel Moisture Renew , Revlon Super Lustrous has better pigmentation in my oppinion.

The Super Lustrous lipsticks are pretty nice.

I've used the Elf Flawless Finish foundation in the past (been a couple of years), and I remember really liking it. It did a nice job. I also really like their BB cream - it's got nice coverage & gives a beautiful finish - but for some reason, it breaks me out. :sad: I normally only run into that issue with silicone-y primers, so I'm not sure if maybe it has some similar ingredients or what.

The Super Lustrous lipsticks are pretty nice.
too bad the ELF foundation caused you to break out. I'm impressed with the quality of their products and the packaging for such a cheap price. I haven't purchased any of their lipstick except for a gloss stick which isn't great on me. But the foundation and powder blush are very nice and from my limited experience with the brushes they're decent.

too bad the ELF foundation caused you to break out. I'm impressed with the quality of their products and the packaging for such a cheap price. I haven't purchased any of their lipstick except for a gloss stick which isn't great on me. But the foundation and powder blush are very nice and from my limited experience with the brushes they're decent.

It was the BB cream that broke me out. Which stinks, because I really liked it! It had a nice finish & wore really well.

Like you, I've been impressed with the Elf products I have used, especially for the price. I think they are at least on par with most higher-priced drugstore brands like Maybelline or L'Oreal. I use their loose white HD powder every day, because it's the cheapest around. I find no difference in it and other silica powders by MUFE or NYX. I also really like the Studio blushes and brushes.

It was the BB cream that broke me out. Which stinks, because I really liked it! It had a nice finish & wore really well.

Like you, I've been impressed with the Elf products I have used, especially for the price. I think they are at least on par with most higher-priced drugstore brands like Maybelline or L'Oreal. I use their loose white HD powder every day, because it's the cheapest around. I find no difference in it and other silica powders by MUFE or NYX. I also really like the Studio blushes and brushes.
Love the studio blushes....I tried to buy the mauve one at BBB yesterday but they didn't have that color. ELF had free shopping so I ordered from them - $3, no tax, no shipping.

just got the ELF studio blush in the mauve color. I really like it for my pale skin. It's not very dark or pigmented so I can put a decent amount on w/o looking clownish or having to powder over it. Color is a bit more pink than I expected and is close to a MAC blush I have (Cubic) but for $3, that's fine.

I love drugstore make up! There is this brand here in the UK called Revolution and they make the most amazing eyeshadow pallets!
Also my go to foundation is Revlon Colorstay. Love the coverage and as a pale princess I finally found a foundation light and beige enough for me.

I am a bit all over the place. I looove MUFE HD Foundation, but Maybelline's Fit Me Matte foundation is awesome too. Fit Me has one of the largest skin tone selections for a drugstore foundation and it doesn't look or feel cakey. Elf and Nyx both make quality products as well. Elf has wonderful brushes that I sometimes use over my sigma brushes, and I really like their matte lipsticks. Nyx has a tinted brow pomade that is comparable to ABH dip brow and their orange under eye circle concealer is fantastic.

I think brand loyalty is a bit silly, as there are so many different great products from different companies; high end and drugstore.

I have been purchasing more drugstore cosmetics; and it really is about the available selection and performance. I have always been a fan of Loreal mascaras and Revlon lipsticks; but I recently statrd to purchase more Maybelline products including #FitMe foundation and lots f their lipsticks.