BEC Extras

remy005

O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
I'm getting closer to ordering a bag and wonder if there are certain "extras" Belenistas tend to like (or not!).

For instance, "Decorative Corners." In response to my question, Rose emailed that they really don't serve a protective function (i.e., that they really are just decorative). I know these things are basically matters of personal taste, but I've been learning so much and educating my eye thanks to the ladies here, so I thought I'd ask y'all what you think.

(I'm expecting my first bag to be a MMS.)

Thank you one and all! :smile:

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
I'm getting closer to ordering a bag and wonder if there are certain "extras" Belenistas tend to like (or not!).

For instance, "Decorative Corners." In response to my question, Rose emailed that they really don't serve a protective function (i.e., that they really are just decorative). I know these things are basically matters of personal taste, but I've been learning so much and educating my eye thanks to the ladies here, so I thought I'd ask y'all what you think.

(I'm expecting my first bag to be a MMS.)

Thank you one and all! :smile:
Hey Remy,

I custom ordered the corners on both sides of my bags (LM's Tan & Choco).

I do think they serve a purpose.....there's an extra layer, and although it's not "protection" per se, I think it gives the bag a "lift" and nice effect.

And as far as extras are concerned, I always request an extra set of tassels and tags/tag as it's easier to combine it with a BEC.

remy005

O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
Thanks, Contessa, that's really helpful. I was *hoping* the corners were indeed an extra layer (and not an alternate way of cutting the single layer!).

(And what you said about the tassels and tags makes a lot of sense.)

Hey, does anyone have the WIDE shoulder strap (available as an extra)? TIA!

bonniekir

O.G.
Feb 8, 2007
I allways add the wide shoulder strap to my bags, because it sit better on my shoulder than two straps.
I also order extra tassels and for the Hold me maxi an outer pocket is a must.
If there are no messenger strap to a model, and it's possible to add one , I do this too.

Moonfancy

O.G.
Jul 6, 2008
USA
I always order an extra set of rings for purely decorative reasons. I like a lot of hardware on my bags, so I always clip the extra rings on the existing rings. If it's shiny and it jingle-jangles, I like it.

remy005

O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
I allways add the wide shoulder strap to my bags, because it sit better on my shoulder than two straps.
I also order extra tassels and for the Hold me maxi an outer pocket is a must.
If there are no messenger strap to a model, and it's possible to add one , I do this too.
Thanks, Bonnie. Your saying an outer pocket is a must on your Hold Me makes me wonder, has anyone ever put an outer pocket on a Hug Me? Probably not necessary? Hmm.

remy005

O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
I always order an extra set of rings for purely decorative reasons. I like a lot of hardware on my bags, so I always clip the extra rings on the existing rings. If it's shiny and it jingle-jangles, I like it.
Hi Moonfancy, So your extra rings don't actually lengthen the straps, but sort of lay on top of the existing rings? Jazzy!

I just learned from Rose that the fixed rings (I had asked about this on the brass and silver, but I assume she meant gold as well) are engraved with the BE name, and the open rings are not. Maybe everyone already knew this...

peppy

O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
Thanks, Bonnie. Your saying an outer pocket is a must on your Hold Me makes me wonder, has anyone ever put an outer pocket on a Hug Me? Probably not necessary? Hmm.

To my knowledge, don't think anyone has done this. I would think that this probably needs clearance with BE/Jackie first, as it may be considered a "change" in the design/look of the bag. But yes, probably not necessary since the HM has 2 big outer pockets already (albeit only secured with magnetic clasps, so not as secure as a zippered pocket).

finzup

Easily tempted
O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Yes I believe I've seen one... I'll do a search

OMG tPF search is DREADFUL.. cant use 'hug me' because 'me' is too short. Cant search 'outside pocket' because the word "outside" is too long. WTF. BUT - I did somehow manage to find a picture of a hug me with an outer pocket!

http://forum.purseblog.com/belen-echandia/pewter-hug-me-w-outside-pocket-bespoke-anyone-418528.html

Last edited:

remy005

O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
Yes I believe I've seen one... I'll do a search

<< BUT - I did somehow manage to find a picture of a hug me with an outer pocket!>>
http://forum.purseblog.com/belen-echandia/pewter-hug-me-w-outside-pocket-bespoke-anyone-418528.html
KatieFin, you are amazing to have found this!:salute: I think that's a really good looking bag; I wondered whether the outside zipper pocket would kind of ruin the look, but I think it's worth considering. Those photos are so helpful.

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
To my knowledge, don't think anyone has done this. I would think that this probably needs clearance with BE/Jackie first, as it may be considered a "change" in the design/look of the bag. But yes, probably not necessary since the HM has 2 big outer pockets already (albeit only secured with magnetic clasps, so not as secure as a zippered pocket).

It's definitely been done and Detective Finz beat me to it!!!

anitalilac

Ibu to 3 Lovely Nurs
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
Midwest USA
Does anybody included the laptop sleeve in their BEC?
I am thinking of adding it for the Charm Me Mini, is it really practical when sewn in? I mean for nearly $80, I would want it to be practical..

thanks!

LoveHandbags!

~adore~
O.G.
Dec 11, 2009
Great thread remy - and wow, those pictures of that Hug Me with longer straps and outer pocket, I die!

Katie, if you check back here, thank you so much for finding that picture. Depending where I am going, I often do not like a really deep handbag and that bag is fabulously perfect so such an occasion!

RaeBelle

The Commish
O.G.
Jan 15, 2008
hockey-gasm
Does anybody included the laptop sleeve in their BEC?
I am thinking of adding it for the Charm Me Mini, is it really practical when sewn in? I mean for nearly $80, I would want it to be practical..

thanks!
Is the laptop sleeve actually sewn in? I thought it was removable.

What size laptop do you have? I'm not sure many would fit in the Charm Me Mini comfortably.