Beauty shopping in NYC--seeking recommendations

e_nmn_m

O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
I am headed to the city in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone could recommend some beauty places where one can buy things-not-readily-available elsewhere. So far, I like LAFCO downtown. Korres closed their B&M store, so that's out. There is an Inglot store somewhere in Midtown...is it worth stopping by? Does any store sell Bioderma Sensibio H2O?

Thanks much!

if you come up to the upper west side, the apthorp pharmacy is more in the style of french pharmacies than a duane reade. it has some higher-end cosmetics. it's at broadway and 78th.

I second Space Nk, and I *really* like Inglot eyeshadows, so much that I have forsaken all other brands in that department. They're a steal, the palettes come in an array of sizes, ans the pigmentation and texture are fantastic. I'm a matte girl, but they have plenty of each finish to choose from.

I second inglot, the store upstairs in Chelsea market is a little odd because it's their headquarters and no one knows it's there (we were the only ones there) but its a lot more personal and less hectic than the time square location, which is fine as well.