Beauty Regimen - Application Order?

Loco for Coco

Among Others!
Jun 26, 2010
I don't know why I haven't figured out the answer to this sooner, but does it matter what order you apply your different beauty products? For example, if I apply a mask, should I apply toner before, after or not at all? Should an anti-acne cream go on before or after I moisturize? I have so many different products, but never know when to use them or if sequence even matters! Thanks in advance for any tips you have to share!

Apr 12, 2008
I would look at the process and what you are trying to achieve with each product you are applying. I would apply a toner after you are done with your cleansing process - including a cleanser, a mask, a scrub. You are trying to close your pores with a toner, so do it after you are done cleaning your face. The last step I would do it apply my moisturizer last...so your acne treatments or whatever treatments would go in between your toner and moisturizer.

ProfNot

Sylvie Guillem fan
O.G.
May 10, 2006
I would look at the process and what you are trying to achieve with each product you are applying. I would apply a toner after you are done with your cleansing process - including a cleanser, a mask, a scrub. You are trying to close your pores with a toner, so do it after you are done cleaning your face. The last step I would do it apply my moisturizer last...so your acne treatments or whatever treatments would go in between your toner and moisturizer.

ITA. Good explanation of role of toner - all the dept stores say to use it but no one explains why!

And sometimes I mix products.
Evening: I mix facial moisturizer with anti-acne medication.
Morning: mix facial moisturizer with sunscreen.

fufu

JoanElfen(Instagram)
O.G.
Feb 21, 2008
heres my skincare step before I sleep :smile:

- Cleanse thoroughly (most important step, if cleansing don't work well, the rest of the steps are wasted)
- Toner
- Mask (I usually do clay mask, manuka honey mask or hydrating mask)
- Face Serum
- Moisturizer
- Eye Cream

For day time skincare, I skip the mask and add on BB Cream with SPF 15 or 30 after the Moisturizer.

If I use ampoule (once a week)
- Cleanse
- Exfolicate
- Toner
- Hydrating Mask for 8 minutes
- Apply ampoule all over face
- Light Moisturizer

Not relating to the application order, I totally love manuka honey mask. Bring softness and suppleness to skin.

Last edited: