Beauty Recommendations

nprotundo

Oct 23, 2007
Well, It finally happened. I took a good hard look at myself and noticed that I'm starting to get a few wrinkles. Does anyone have any recommendations for me regarding skin care products. My skin is usually pretty dry so I need something for that. I dont really get acne that much. Mainly, I would like something that will help with wrinkles, hydrate my skin, and help prevent (I know there is no such thing but you get my drift) or lessen wrinkles for the future. Im 27 if that helps but I have always had a young face. Most people think Im about 20-22 when they first meet me so I have kinda taken my "youthfulness" for granted and never really used anything. Also, any good eye creams? Please help!!

i love chanel eye cream and this little lipgloss looking vitamin e stick is pretty great too!! i use a tiny bit of the chanel at a time to make it last

Clinique All About Eyes works best for me. Olay Total Effects for moisturizer. Cleanser? I'm looking for one, perhaps Wei East, it has raving reviews.

thanks ladies! Well, I currently dont have a budget but since this is the first time spending money on something like this (I know! I really didnt use anything more than what you would find at the market) I dont know what the range would be anyway. Thanks for the suggestions. Im googling them now.

The most important thing is to keep moisturized and use SPF. Wash with a mild cleanser, exfoliate regularly, use a moisturizer with SPF and you should be good for years to come. Moisturizers are really a personal chioce, but most of the big brands work well. I suggest you visit many counters and try before you buy. Some have strong ododrs or are greasy and heavy. It's really up to what you like best. I wouldn't go too heavy though, you can over moisturize!

Kinerease. You don't want to put on anything that's too powerful. Their under eye rescue is good, and DDF oil free moistuizer will help you out!! (Kinerease's moistuizer is very nice too, but, much more expensive for the same product DDF offers!)

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=5794&searchString=kinerease

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=3528&searchString=DDF

If you're looking to go more organic, Caudalie is the way to go. Their products are made with grape seeds, and grapes are supposed to work WONDERS with the eye area!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=4171&searchString=caudalie

HTH!!

Dermologica all the way - has turned my skin around and I am completely loyal to the brand for skincare. I am a complete flirt with makeup and hair brands, but for skincare, especially as I get older (40 next year -eek!), Dermologica is the best.

I was just talking to a couple women who were raving about this Olay night time gel. Their stuff is inexpensive, and people tend to see good results with it. Same with Avon. If you're new to these products, I'd start with something like that before splurging on a super high end product. JMHO.

I think I'm going to pick up some Olay next time I'm at Target. I spend soooo much money on the skin product of the week and then it just isn't all that great, so I have a hundred half-used moisturizers laying around and don't want to throw them away!

Patrica wexler Regenerating Serum. Sold at Bath & Body Works. MMPI Technology stops aging in it's tracks. Do your research in the web, there's a ton of info out there. It's worth the $$$.

Do you wear sunscreen on a daily basis? It's never too late to start if you don't already. I think no matter what type of skin care you use, you're not going to see its full benefits if you don't protect your skin against sun damage. Wear sunscreen with both UVA and UVB protection.