Beauty products organic, natural or just drugstore brands?

Oct 16, 2008
UK
I am currently in the process of finishing off all my beauty and make-up products so that I can clear the cupboards once and for all and add products back in bit by bit. I don't know whether to buy organic products or just stick to the drugstore brands? I am currently using Dove creme bar and my skin likes it but I don't know if there are any nasty ingredients in it.

Is organic and natural product ranges worth investing all the money into or are regular ingredient products just as good? Those of you who have made the change is it better for your skin, can you tell the difference and would you recommend making the change are there any ranges you would recommend?

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
I am currently in the process of finishing off all my beauty and make-up products so that I can clear the cupboards once and for all and add products back in bit by bit. I don't know whether to buy organic products or just stick to the drugstore brands? I am currently using Dove creme bar and my skin likes it but I don't know if there are any nasty ingredients in it.

Is organic and natural product ranges worth investing all the money into or are regular ingredient products just as good? Those of you who have made the change is it better for your skin, can you tell the difference and would you recommend making the change are there any ranges you would recommend?
I think if your skin is happy with your current regime, no reason to upset the balance, KWIM? Everyone's skin is so different - it's difficult to make sweeping statements on what's better or worse across the board.

One note of caution - if you do choose to try the 'organic/natural" route, make sure it's a reputable brand; natural products whose formulation wasn't supervised by an appropriately trained in cosmetic scientist can be much more risky than a product that's been tested and standardized by a major manufacturer.

Oct 16, 2008
UK
I think if your skin is happy with your current regime, no reason to upset the balance, KWIM? Everyone's skin is so different - it's difficult to make sweeping statements on what's better or worse across the board.

One note of caution - if you do choose to try the 'organic/natural" route, make sure it's a reputable brand; natural products whose formulation wasn't supervised by an appropriately trained in cosmetic scientist can be much more risky than a product that's been tested and standardized by a major manufacturer.
I know exactly what you mean about changing the routine. The only thing I'm not happy with is my moisturiser. My skin feels tight after using the soap and the moisturiser I'm currently using isn't moisturising enough as my skin feels tight and dry.

Alot of the organic ranges I've looked at are plant or essential oil based which I'm intolerent towards, so I don't think organics the way to go.

Which ranges work for an intolerent sensitive skin which will react in breakouts if the product doesn't suit?

Thank you:biggrin: