~*~Beauty Ban Club~*~

MissTiss

Shopping Issues
O.G.
Mar 2, 2007
This probably belongs in Money Talks -- but I hope it doesn't get moved. This is a beauty only ban.

Ok, Girls. Sadly, I've been banned from beauty shopping (except necessities)...indefinitely. I've spent a ton and have been using the same MAC shadows over and over. My beatiful Starflash shadows? Untouched. CofC lipglosses and quads? Still in the boxes. There are exfoliants out the ying yang, and backup stashes to my backup stashes. It's out of hand. I need therapy and fast.

I plan to shop my stash! (Idea from Specktra).

Care to join me?

The goal:
*To use a different shadow combo each and every day AND post it in the FOTD thread.

*To change up the 9 lipglosses I carry in my purse :shame: and lay off the Soft & Slow

*Lipsticks, people! I've got loads (and loads) of lipsticks. I plan to wear them.

*Exfoliate! MAC VAE is not just for sitting there and looking pretty-ugly! Use it!

*To try out, and later, review the millions upon millions of samples I've collected in these last several months.

Join Me! Save money for the Holiday Collections coming out beginning in OCTOBER!

Anyone?

Karman, Nail Polish counts for sure!

I seriously bought to Sephora by OPI polishes and they are unopened. I just had to have them because they were "IT" colors.

I'm in! I have bought way too many things over the past couple of months, and haven't even used half of it yet... so I plan to stay banned until October 10th (which is my birthday). This is going to be tough. :sad:

You can do it, Nicole. Baby Steps. I'm hoping to stay banned until Christmas, but I will probably do a minor break to get something from the MAC Ungaro collection. Maybe. :s

All I want is to order everything from the Manish Arora collection, and my goal is to only buy stuff that I run out of if it is a 'necessity' (soaps from LUSH, facial cleanser, body oil, etc).

I literally have to stop buying loads of crap because I won't be able to use it for about 13-14 months starting in January. I need to start being a little more discerning about things.

i am joining this thread! will only buy things once i run out of them (ie foundation), but i am going to try and be on a ban until feb next year, when a rumoured hello kitty collection with mac is coming out!!!! (from specktra)

i bought a couple of the mineralized duos from the eletroflash collection and i have yet to use them. i just added it up, and i've spent over 600$ on makeup this summer alone! which probably isn't that smart of a thing to do considering i've got eight years of university ahead of me. i shouldn't have that much of a problem with not buying makeup after a little while since the upcoming MAC collections don't really interest me that much. i just plan on buying some MAC brushes instead:smile:

I'm already more than halfway through my self imposed LUSH ban, been spending $1000s a YEAR on them for myself and as gifts. So far doing good no cold turkey etc.

i'm not in, but came to wish you girls good luck. especially you Tiss, :heart: ya!

My MAC ban is officially over now!! my mommy just has to take me to the mac store now. again, i wish i could drive. i've been wishing forever :sad:

I need to join this.
I have nothing in comparison to some of you girls, but I still feel like I have a lot that I can use instead of buy, but I probably will buy UD eye primer soon.