BEAUTIFUL BHLDN Floral Artwork Wedding Dress, BUT...

Is it worth altering?

• YES, it's too beautiful!

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • NO, it would be too hard!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 10, 2016
I got this beautiful BHLDN Floral Artwork wedding dress for my San Francisco City Hall wedding. I wanted something different and unique and I sure did get it! It's originally $1,800, but I got it for $450 second hand. It's stunning. It's a size 6 and I normally am a size 2/4. Everything fit, but my bust area!! It's just a tad too tight. I am a 32DD, according to Victoria Secret. The sizes on BHLDN do not match mine. I am a 34 bust and 27 waist, but they said for this size 6 wedding dress the sizes were 36 bust and 28 waist. So I was thinking this would fit me perfectly!! WRONG!

To get to the point, my question is if it is possible to make this beautiful dress a little bigger (maybe an inch) around the bust size? I am able zip it up all the way, but it really squishes my boobs and doesn't look good. I do have an appointment this weekend to ask the tailor, but I just am anxious and really am dying to know if anyone has done this before? The tailor said she might be able to do it, but has to see the dress in person. I'm nervous!!!

Attachments

• two.jpg
    two.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 255
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 254
  • one.jpg
    one.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 266
  • five.jpg
    five.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 279
  • four.jpg
    four.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 286
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 278
  • six.jpg
    six.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 278
If it is even possible, it's a difficult and potentially very expensive alteration.

This may be obvious, but have you tried it without a bra? I've found with some dresses that were structured like that, the dress itself is tight enough to support you, and without the extra material of the bra, the dress fits better.

Reactions: papertiger
I sew, it can definitely be let out. Lots of seams in the front. Small problem is the zippered panel in the front.
depends on how that is sewn in.
Lovely dress for courthouse wedding. I got married in a cream Chanel suit at the courthouse. It's the way to get married.
Enjoy your special day.