Food Beaujolais Nouveau - or Beaujolais Primeur

Each year on the 3rd Thursday in November one can start drinking this type of wine.

Who knows about it - and who is fond of it? :smile:
I'm aware of the tradition and while I do enjoy them this time of year when it's cold and rainy in my neck of the woods I tend to prefer wines that have a bit more body to them like a Cabernet, Zinfandel, or Merlot.

I tend to prefer wines that have a bit more body to them like a Cabernet, Zinfandel, or Merlot.

So do I - as a rule.

Of course nobody would drink nothing but Beaujolais Nouveau.

It is enjoyable in late November - and one enjoys it out of curiosity - and for fun. :smile:

And yesterday I have been to a super Supermarket in nearby Alsace.

And was greeted with a banner saying: " Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrivé!"

I bought 3 bottles - for only 2.75 Euro each.

And they are excellent!

I don't know whether it is silly or not but I think Beaujolais Nouveau Day is a nice, little cheery thing right there in the midst of what is usually a dark and gloomy time of year with days getting shorter and the weather colder. Sadly though, I am having great difficulty finding more than one variety of Nouveau where I am located. It's usually Georges Dubœuf or nothing. I have looked all over for a get-together this year since some organisation usually has one every year but this year I cannot find anything. Oh well, I might pick up a bottle today just to keep the tradition going.