Beaton or Manor

Love$Purses

Apr 13, 2008
Hello all,
I purchaed the Red Patent Beaton at the outlet for $999 and am still within the return period. I saw the Black leather manor bag today for $699. (Not sure if it is the mini or "regular" bag) Which one would you purchase and why? They are holding the black one for me this evening until I decide. I'll really be upset if the outlet lowers the prices on the Beatons for the holiday weekend. She assured me that they wouldn't. The Beaton just "speaks" but the manor is beautiful too. I guess the patent is more eye catching.

Words of wisdom anyone?

Wow, red patent sounds gorgeous. I always follow my gut feeling about something, even if something else is available that is less expensive. If the red Beaton catches your eye more and you love it, why not keep it. If they were both the same price, which one would you get? To me, if both bags are functionally similar, go for the one that pulls at your heart strings more.

Wow, red patent sounds gorgeous. I always follow my gut feeling about something, even if something else is available that is less expensive. If the red Beaton catches your eye more and you love it, why not keep it. If they were both the same price, which one would you get? To me, if both bags are functionally similar, go for the one that pulls at your heart strings more.

The red patent is the more outstanding bag. The color is great for fall. I found the black at Nordies and I like to shop at Nordstrom. They just stand behind their products. I also thought saving $300 might be better, but when I got home and looked at the red one again, it definitely makes more of a statement. I wish it were the less expensive. Thanks for your input. :smile:

Hello all,
I purchaed the Red Patent Beaton at the outlet for $999 and am still within the return period. I saw the Black leather manor bag today for $699. (Not sure if it is the mini or "regular" bag) Which one would you purchase and why? They are holding the black one for me this evening until I decide. I'll really be upset if the outlet lowers the prices on the Beatons for the holiday weekend. She assured me that they wouldn't. The Beaton just "speaks" but the manor is beautiful too. I guess the patent is more eye catching.

Words of wisdom anyone?

Well I dont know about you but I own both handbags the Red Patent Beaton and the Manor in basic black:yahoo:. If you like the Manor handbag also buy that one too:P. Oh ....... not only that, both handbags are made in Italy;). Hope this helps in your decision;)

Well I dont know about you but I own both handbags the Red Patent Beaton and the Manor in basic black:yahoo:. If you like the Manor handbag also buy that one too:P. Oh ....... not only that, both handbags are made in Italy;). Hope this helps in your decision;)

Oh you just had to tempt me, didn't you? I had thought of getting the black one too, just because it's such a good buy. Around 58% off. Wow! After reading posts here on TPF, I looked at all the tags and noticed that both were made in Italy.

The black is beautiful...probably not the "looker" the red one is, but understated beauty and so soft. Do you wear your black one with the zipper tucked "in" or out? Does that make sense? I've noticed that just about all of the pics of celebrities carrying it have the zipper sticking "out" on both sides, but I tucked it in today too.

Do you mind if I ask if you got either of yours on sale?

oh I have the large beaton in berry. it's gorgeous, but kinda not my style. =(

could you ladies post pics of you wearing your beatons? i'm curious to know how it looks on other ladies. i guess im having my post partum moment when i tried on mine. LOL

oh I have the large beaton in berry. it's gorgeous, but kinda not my style. =(

could you ladies post pics of you wearing your beatons? i'm curious to know how it looks on other ladies. i guess im having my post partum moment when i tried on mine. LOL

Have you had any problems with your Beaton? I was reading some older posts and noticed that some ladies have had problems with the Manors peeling or not holding up, even the leather ones. Yikes!

If you can afford both, I'd go both! :tup: I absolutely :heart: my Manor and mini Manor!!! But the red patent is gorgeous too! Personally between the two I like the Manor more, but it's all personal ;)

If you can afford both, I'd go both! :tup: I absolutely :heart: my Manor and mini Manor!!! But the red patent is gorgeous too! Personally between the two I like the Manor more, but it's all personal ;)

I noticed that you have a couple of Mulberries in your signature line. I have a lovely Mabel in python that I have been very pleased with. How would you compare Burberry with Mulberry?

I noticed that you have a couple of Mulberries in your signature line. I have a lovely Mabel in python that I have been very pleased with. How would you compare Burberry with Mulberry?

Mulberry is super casual, laid-back throw-around style. I must say I :heart: Mulberry, but :heart: Burberry even more! And this time last year probably wouldn't have considered a Burberry bag! :nuts:

Mabel in Python? Wow, that must be gorge :okay:

Have you had any problems with your Beaton? I was reading some older posts and noticed that some ladies have had problems with the Manors peeling or not holding up, even the leather ones. Yikes!

no problems with my beaton so far... oooppsss! I just remembered, the metal thingy where the belt passes through, one of it got detached. But you wouldn't notice it if you weren't looking close enough or even touching it.

any modelling pics of your beaton ladies????

I have two manors and they are pretty darn sturdy and hold up well. No problems yet. I would have loved a manor in patent red. It was sold out. I think the beaton is cute but the cinched top gives me the illusion that the opening is smaller than it actually is.

Mulberry is super casual, laid-back throw-around style. I must say I :heart: Mulberry, but :heart: Burberry even more! And this time last year probably wouldn't have considered a Burberry bag! :nuts:

Mabel in Python? Wow, that must be gorge :okay:

It is pretty. I'm sorry, I have a pebble Mabel. The python is an Agyness. Still beautiful though. Got it 60% off at Nordstrom. I've never seen another one like it online or anywhere. Love it, especially with the skins being so popular this fall.