Bearn Wallet Prices

1. can someone enlighten me about the prices of the bearn wallet in Paris vs. north america?

I think I'm going for either a goat skin (chevre bi-fold) or ostrich. Normally I'ld prefer to get it at my local H (in Canada) but since I figure a wallet is a small and easy to "sneak" back home...

Would you ladies think I'ld save a bit more getting it in Paris? Oh and the prices in Canada are already about appx. 15-20% higher than US.

Or would your recommend just getting it at the local H?

:flowers:

2. In Paris, it was 1210 euros :smile: for Chevre.

3. Regular leather bifold is ~$1500 USD (chvre is little more)before tax & trifold chevre was $1925 USD before tax.

4. Geez.....my Box Bern bifold was $1,650.00 in NYC just last month! I thought Chevre would be more expensive.....

5. That chevre price was from like 5~6 months ago! I saw box bifold bearn with gasset (sp?) for $1775 in Boston!

6. LOL, I'm always a fan of saving money... I think if you (or someone you know) happens to be in Paris and the have the color/leather combo you want, I'd save the money and buy it from there!

1210 euros will convert to around 1936 Cdn, but you'll get 10% VAT back, so it'll be 1742 Cdn... I figure you'll save several hundred dollars!

7. thanks aspen and shopmom for your price inputs!

Perja was the price that you provided relatively recent?

tweetie if 1210 = 1936 cdn that doesn't seem like a will be saving much?! You said we can get back 10% VAT? really? I thought anything brought back to Canada willl be taxed?!!!

Well....I'm open to colors ! One other question... would ostrich age rather fast when compared to chevre since it darkens easily?

8. Yup. It was that price today when I went there and when I got my Bearn VERY recently.

9. You know, I think the prices went up again for the wallets... Shopmom says her Box Bifold was $1650 US, and my Chamonix's retail earlier in the year was $1550US (I think those 2 leathers are the same price) - I think there must have been another price hike since then.

The VAT is a % you get back whenever you're a non-EU resident (one of the reasons I love shopping in Europe!) Well, *technically* you're supposed to pay tax on everything over $750 that you bring back, but...

Anyhoo - savings should be several hundred anyway...

10. Anyone know the price of bearn w/ diamonds? How about the bi-fold??

Aspen? .......you seem to be the 'go to' girl for croc...;)

11. Heehee...bearn(long one, not compact one) with diamond croc. was about $12000.

I just bought another croc. bearn wallet without diamond. It was $3650 before tax.

12. ^^ ......I knew it!..you would know...lol

Thank you...:flowers:

13. :graucho: :graucho: :P
    No problem!:idea: Are you going to buy one?

14. I got Fuchsia ostrich bearn but it darkened after couple of weeks use only!! I prefer either Chevre or crocodile!!

15. The one I picked up in Paris in late November was EUR $1060. Cannot tell which leather it is now, as my only receipt was submitted to the tax refund centre. Funny Hermes only provided the tax refund form as the receipt. I was supposed to keep one copy, but the UK custom took both when I left London on my way back home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice