Béarn or Dogon?

cvw1004

O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
I need a new money purse - well, not need but you KWIM right? :graucho:

I was thinking of either the Béarn with gusset or the Combined Dogon.

I would like a bright colour and possibly box but not sure as it will get a lot of use.

Which model do you prefer and why? Which leather/colour combo would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

I like the Bearn...but then I always have way too much stuff for a smaller wallet to hold! (Old reciepts and things I keep promising myself I'll sling out :rolleyes:)

NewBVFan thanks, your right - not helping! ;)

Chaz I do like the Béarn, but I too tend to stuff lots of things in and I always have too much change so I thought the separate coin purse in the Dogon would be handy. I even got a Tarmac to put my passport and driving licence in to ease the space pressure - hasn't helped mind you :P Maybe I need a ZipZap as well for receipts? :graucho:

I have both. The dogon is more practical and durable to me, the bearn is more stylish.

If you're looking for box, the bearn maybe your only option. I don't think the dogon comes in box.

cvw1004 - the Bearn actually holds a lot more than you expect...... i love it........ it also stops you from carrying around receipts for months on end.......i find it easy to get in to and has enough space for money, receipts and cash. One thing is that it only has 6 credit card slot so i have doubled up in some.

Ok, so RC I will go for Chevre as I would like a bright colour - thanks for that. I will have to see both IRL I think as I have a habit of spilling my loose coins so I would agree with you ck21 in thinking maybe the Dogon for practicality although the Béarn is definately more stylish, and then skes2002 goes and puts a spanner in the works :nuts:

Just had a look through the reference section and am even more confused now!

Last edited:
NewBVFan thanks, your right - not helping! ;)

Chaz I do like the Béarn, but I too tend to stuff lots of things in and I always have too much change so I thought the separate coin purse in the Dogon would be handy. I even got a Tarmac to put my passport and driving licence in to ease the space pressure - hasn't helped mind you :P Maybe I need a ZipZap as well for receipts? :graucho:

:lol: Always a good reason to buy something else!
I do like the separate coin purse of the larger Dogon though,seems an extremely good idea.