Beagle

moniquexiv

SHOPAHOLIC!
Oct 4, 2006
i`m really interested in getting a beagle..but i want a really small one.
i don't want it to get big. hahaha. :rolleyes:
i know there are "toy beagles", but i heard that those dogs are unhealthy because the breeders do things to make them that size...

if you have a full grown beagle, what are it's measurments and do they gain alot of weight?

thanks girls!

when i said "toy beagles"..
i mean these dogs are smaller than average.
around 10"

There is no such thing as a toy beagle. Anyone who tells you that they breed toy beagles/pocket beagles is a backyard breeder-aka someone who breeds for money. These dogs are full of horrible health problems including hip problems that can cost you up to $10,000 to fix & cause your dog lifelong pain. People can insist otherwise, but this is the plain and simple truth.

13 inch beagles are really tiny. I have a taller beagle, and he's my baby. They're fantastic dogs no matter what size. Complete cuddle bugs.

I suggest you check out Beagles on the Web It's a great website that will give you all the information you need before you get a beagle.

If you really want a small beagle, I suggest you look into a crossbred dog. Right on the front page of that website is a very small beagle (The one named Joe Cool). Also BREW: Beagle Rescue, Education, and Welfare

Basically, it comes down to this. If you want a beagle, get a beagle that is healthy and not going to be sick for the rest of its life. If you want a small dog under 10", a beagle isn't the right dog for you.