Travel Beaches.. any nice ones w/ inexpensive accomodations?

SonOz

Nov 3, 2007
My b/f and I want to go to a beach someplace towards the end of May for 5 or 6 days. It can be w/in the US or someplace else. The plane ticket will be taken care of so we just need to find a beach.

I would prefer a beach w/ clear water...not sure if they have those here in the US. Is there any place that is not really touristy and you can get a nice hotel for a decent price?

the water is still pretty cold in some areas in May- I would try somewhere on the Gulf, It will be warmer. so that would give you eastern Mexico, Western Florida and the caribbean. I am sure some areas/islands are cheaper than others. I have always found the water the water to be nice-by clear do you mean clean or still?

Destin, FLorida-- but it can get kind of touristy. Or Try Orange Beach, AL or Pensacola, FL, Perdido Key, FL. BEAUTIFUL white sugar sand down this way :smile: I grew up in Pensacola, so maybe I am a bit biased ;)

With your criteria, I would pick Pensacola :smile:

^Agree...the water is freezing in Monterey! I actually find most of the Northern California beaches to be way too cold to swim in, even during the summer :Push: And the water is never clear!

The two most beautiful beaches I've ever seen were in Negril, Jamaica and Tortola, BVI. It's been years since I've been so I don't know what the hotel prices are like these days, but I've never seen anything prettier than the crystal water and the blue skies.

Pulau Redang is a beautiful beach, in Malaysia.

Warm crystal clear waters, fine white sands, in the midst of a protected marine park. The all-inclusive hotels were really cheap and included 2 snorkelling tours a day as well. Was there last year, really recommend it