Travel Beaches.. any nice ones w/ inexpensive accomodations?

SonOz

Nov 3, 2007
Chicago
My b/f and I want to go to a beach someplace towards the end of May for 5 or 6 days. It can be w/in the US or someplace else. The plane ticket will be taken care of so we just need to find a beach.

I would prefer a beach w/ clear water...not sure if they have those here in the US. Is there any place that is not really touristy and you can get a nice hotel for a decent price?

cakegirl

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
the water is still pretty cold in some areas in May- I would try somewhere on the Gulf, It will be warmer. so that would give you eastern Mexico, Western Florida and the caribbean. I am sure some areas/islands are cheaper than others. I have always found the water the water to be nice-by clear do you mean clean or still?

BiloxiBlu

Bless your heart :)
O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
Biloxi, Mississippi
Destin, FLorida-- but it can get kind of touristy. Or Try Orange Beach, AL or Pensacola, FL, Perdido Key, FL. BEAUTIFUL white sugar sand down this way :smile: I grew up in Pensacola, so maybe I am a bit biased ;)

With your criteria, I would pick Pensacola :smile:

mws

Aug 23, 2006
monterey,california
I wouldn't go here in May, way too cold still. And not much chance for cheaper hotels.

Try Acapulco, Mexico. Yes, a bit touristy, but with the popularity of Cabo, Acapulco has really mellowed out. You can find some really good deals.

elle

L
O.G.
Jan 25, 2006
^Agree...the water is freezing in Monterey! I actually find most of the Northern California beaches to be way too cold to swim in, even during the summer :Push: And the water is never clear!

wantmore

Sep 8, 2007
Hollyweird
^^the water is not only cold in No. Cali, also in So. Cali too. The water here is so hardly ever clear.

Try Caribbean, Hawaii, Mexico.

nikki213

Accesories Addict
Mar 25, 2006
Boston
Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. We're going next year. Iberostar has really great all inclusive deals.

couturequeen

BV nut
O.G.
Jan 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Caribbean is cheap these days. Check out the packages on Travelocity. You can get a nice trip for two under $1400 including flight. Miami is also rather cheap too.

Leelee

Up On My Toes!
Jun 6, 2006
Highland, Maryland
The two most beautiful beaches I've ever seen were in Negril, Jamaica and Tortola, BVI. It's been years since I've been so I don't know what the hotel prices are like these days, but I've never seen anything prettier than the crystal water and the blue skies.

Lyn2005

Member since 2006 :)
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
Vancouver, Canada
Pulau Redang is a beautiful beach, in Malaysia.

Warm crystal clear waters, fine white sands, in the midst of a protected marine park. The all-inclusive hotels were really cheap and included 2 snorkelling tours a day as well. Was there last year, really recommend it

Carmen82

O.G.
May 1, 2007
You can try Savannah/Tybee Island in GA. The beach is not as nice as some of the more touristy beaches..but the area is very quaint :yes: