BE WARNED - SCAM OPERATING ON EBAY PRADA, GUCCI & LV

missfiggy

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 29, 2008
Just a heads up that another ebay scam has been identified by the authenticators. So far it only involves Prada, Gucci and LV.

Bags are being listed by 0 feedback newbies. They are using a mixture of stolen photos and photos of fakes. They are always priced at well below expected market value for both new and secondary market items.

0 feedback is always a RED FLAG to this authenticator.

REMEMBER - IF THE PRICE IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.....

These listings are NOT a bargain. They will end up with buyers receiving no item and totally losing their money.

BE WARNED, BE AWARE AND TREAD YOUR OWN PATH.

This has also been occurring with Givenchy on ebay. It's been about a month, and typically they are selling Antigona bags. New, or NWT is the usual posting, with a $480-ish price tag. Zero feedback, zero previous sales, and very often the bag will disappear overnight, only to return the next day with a new seller name and identical photos. Beware indeed!

Reactions: Shine_bright
How will they lose their money? Both PayPal and eBay have guarantees in place to safeguard against this kind of fraud. (Granted, I would never buy from a luxury goods seller with zero feedback.)

You're correct, there are safeguards in place, but the time and effort spent on getting your hard earned money refunded is a hassle no one wants to have to engage in. It's somewhat surprising there isn't a process in place for Ebay to better monitor these obvious scam postings. I cringe each time I see bids placed on the auction-type items. It's unfortunate, and they've become quite widespread across designers at this point.