Be Per"SUEDE"ded! :) Oxblood Rhyder Reveal

Jun 9, 2011
Hi!! I did it! I took the plunge and got a Rhyder. Really had my eye on the metallic bronze-y purple (gorgeous) or the oxblood suede, and I chose the latter because I don't have any all-suede bags in my collection right now. I think it's beautiful and I LOVE the slight contrast between the leather and the suede. So pretty! :cloud9:

Just took her home and can't wait to use her. Took some indoor and outdoor shots for you all. People think I'm crazy, including SAs, because I really have no fear about carrying suede bags, even when I live in New England and it could snow in April...my SA was kind enough to throw in a freebie suede cleaner, which I've attached a pic of in case any of you are interested. As long as suede is not very light in color, I really am not worried about carrying this around on a regular basis, even in light rain. I take care of my bags...and unless the bag is dipped into a lake or the ocean, I'm not that worried - I've owned Coach suede before and have always found it much hardier than people think. (I'm hoping Vevers' version of suede is the same!)

This color is very luxe and perfect for fall and winter! I love the Crosby totes, too, but I've wanted a Rhyder for awhile because it has seemed to be the quintessential "Vevers bag" and I had to own one!

At any rate, here she is!!! Thanks for letting me share my excitement!!! :yahoo::love::heart:

Attachments

• full bag on chair outside.jpg
    full bag on chair outside.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 1,108
  • side of bag outside.jpg
    side of bag outside.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 1,103
  • bottom of bag outside pic.jpg
    bottom of bag outside pic.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 1,056
  • front of bag pic 2.jpg
    front of bag pic 2.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 1,060
  • nicer shot on bed.jpg
    nicer shot on bed.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 1,051
  • side and back of bag on bed.jpg
    side and back of bag on bed.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 1,039
  • suede cleaner package.jpg
    suede cleaner package.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 1,035
I love this bag! This is one of the few I had a chance to see in real life and it is gorgeous! I agree with you that suede isn't really as hard to take care of as people think. I'm surprised to see that the suede cleaner wasn't made by Coach. They used to have a suede cleaning kit.

Awww, thank you, ladies!!! :smile: I'm so excited with my choice -- although it WAS a very tough one!!! I really loved the metallic.....and the gunmetal was beautiful but only came in the mini or larger size. (WHY do they...?! Oh, never mind...lol)....

Anyway, I was surprised about the brand of cleaner myself, but at this point I'm just psyched it was free! :giggles:

Lol at the title of this thread.. Nice choice! I saw this one at Macy's. Very rich and beautiful!
Haha thank you!!! :smile: My husband rolled his eyes when I thought of the reveal title in the car on the way home. (He was like, "Really?! You're at the point where you're thinking of titles for reveals?!" LOL)

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Congrats! This is a gorgeous bag. I almost bought this!

I don't think suede is scary at all! I have suede bags, jackets and shoes for years and never had a problem with keeping it nice looking.

Enjoy your beauty!

Gorgeous bag, love it and your thread title! :smile: As a New Englander myself, I don't understand people's suede phobia. I have always owned suede bags, shoes, jackets, and a beautiful double breasted suede coat that I wore all through college. All survived our winters and bad weather just fine. So if you see a suede bag you like, go for it. CoachCruiser, enjoy your fantastic bag!! :balloon:

Hi!! I did it! I took the plunge and got a Rhyder. Really had my eye on the metallic bronze-y purple (gorgeous) or the oxblood suede, and I chose the latter because I don't have any all-suede bags in my collection right now. I think it's beautiful and I LOVE the slight contrast between the leather and the suede. So pretty! :cloud9:

Just took her home and can't wait to use her. Took some indoor and outdoor shots for you all. People think I'm crazy, including SAs, because I really have no fear about carrying suede bags, even when I live in New England and it could snow in April...my SA was kind enough to throw in a freebie suede cleaner, which I've attached a pic of in case any of you are interested. As long as suede is not very light in color, I really am not worried about carrying this around on a regular basis, even in light rain. I take care of my bags...and unless the bag is dipped into a lake or the ocean, I'm not that worried - I've owned Coach suede before and have always found it much hardier than people think. (I'm hoping Vevers' version of suede is the same!)

This color is very luxe and perfect for fall and winter! I love the Crosby totes, too, but I've wanted a Rhyder for awhile because it has seemed to be the quintessential "Vevers bag" and I had to own one!

At any rate, here she is!!! Thanks for letting me share my excitement!!! :yahoo::love::heart:
Very very nice

Awww, thank you, ladies!!! :smile: I'm so excited with my choice -- although it WAS a very tough one!!! I really loved the metallic.....and the gunmetal was beautiful but only came in the mini or larger size. (WHY do they...?! Oh, never mind...lol)....

Anyway, I was surprised about the brand of cleaner myself, but at this point I'm just psyched it was free! :giggles:
I like the metallic as well.