Be My Boot Stylist - What Boots Should I Buy??

Berge

Oct 28, 2009
I'm looking to buy 2-3 pairs of boots. I want something that I'll be able to wear now (and hopefully will still look cute for the next few years) so I want to somewhat avoid trends. I want to be able to wear them over jeans, leggings and with dresses too. Looking for flat boots AND heels!!

I'm thinking I want a black, brown/tan/cognac & a gray pair. For some reason, when I shop, I don't see any I like (likely "over-thinking" my selection.)

Can some of you please recommend boots - brands, styles or POST PIX of ones that you LOVE! that you think I might love too!

PLEEEEEEASE!! be my boot stylist!

Attachments

• blacklizardbirkin26s.jpg
    blacklizardbirkin26s.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,054
  • blacklizardbirkin25s.jpg
    blacklizardbirkin25s.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,141
I have these boots, and I have to say, they are some of the most comfortable boots that I own. I also always get a ton of compliments on them (pics attached) ;)

Berge - are there any particular brands that you are interested in? Price range? I am a life-long boot fanatic, and I am constantly buying boots :flowers:

Ranag - i'm an open book as far as brands and open price wise (though i'd prefer to keep it under $600 USD) i simply want something that i'll still love in 8 months, 1 year...2 years! I want quality, something well-made and something versatile and lasting. :smile: is that asking too much?

PurseXaXholic - thanks for posting those, i haven't seen them before. they're cute.

Hi Berge!:flowers:

I think those SW 5050's look great and are very popular around here!:tup:

Now my Choice is of course is Frye's and here is a thread of plenty of pictures of them in different styles and colors and I would be more than happy to answer any questions about any of the pairs I have or will be posting there very soon!:tup::tup:

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-glas...ference-thread-post-your-pictures-640752.html

And This Thread will tell about the great experience I had with their Warranty and Customer Service!:tup::tup:
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-glas...very-best-hands-down-642483.html#post17214334

For a quality boot that is versatile and lasting and in your price range, I'd suggest taking a look at Frye. I have the Frye Dorado Riding boots in black and I love them! They look great with both jeans and skirts and I'm sure I'll be wearing them for many years.

Ranag - i'm an open book as far as brands and open price wise (though i'd prefer to keep it under $600 USD) i simply want something that i'll still love in 8 months, 1 year...2 years! I want quality, something well-made and something versatile and lasting. :smile: is that asking too much?

PurseXaXholic - thanks for posting those, i haven't seen them before. they're cute.

Berge - I do not know where you are located, but I have found a number of pairs of boots at the Prada outlet store. Prada/Miu Miu makes some of the most comfortable shoes and boots IMHO. You just put them on and wear them all day. No breaking-in required ;) The quality is very good as well.

Prada boots are amazingly comfortable, and the leather is to die for! They're pretty pricey though, which puts a damper on things. I don't think you need to spend $1,000 to get hot boots that will last you a few years.

For casual, I'm liking these Frye Dorado boots for $458 and this Via Spiga Chester pair for $279. Of course, the Frye Campus boots are a classic.

For nice-casual, I love DV by Dolce Vita's Nathaniel over the knee boots for $105. Since they're not super expensive, you won't feel guilty purging these from your wardrobe in a couple of seasons. I bought last season's version of these and I adore them! Super cute with a floral dress, tights and a blazer or jacket...or however your style dictates. These Joie So Many Roads OTK boots are hot too, and they're on sale for $365 - oh hell yes! Also loving this pair of knee-high boots by Rosegold for $260.

For classic dressy boots, Coach's Krista are lovely. But the Charles David Vela boots in cognac are out of this world - I think I found my next pair :biggrin:.

Let us know what you end up finding!

there are so many boots at different price ranges.
For flats: i only can vouch for what i have as i don't go to shop often and so i haven't had the chance to try on a lot.
1. Eternity boot by Fiorentini and Baker: classic motorcyle , can be folded down ala SJP
2. Stuart weitzman 5050 : go to shirise.com they are now on sale and selling like pancakes
3. LD tuttle the shaper: just ordered them today.. has very good reviews - again this never goes on sale but go to shirise.com and they just went on sale... today!

Heeled ones: Im so extreme in my shoe choices: i want them as flat as pancakes or as toweringly high,, no in between.. don't ask me why.. Lol

So for heeled ones: Im very partial to YSL , Gucci and Louboutins

I own the YSL Y not and the Loubuoutins grey suede that i can't recall the name.

I have yet to find a 2009 over the knee gucci that i can't seem to find anywhere.

good luck in your choice.
and as always, we want pics!

there are so many boots at different price ranges.
For flats: i only can vouch for what i have as i don't go to shop often and so i haven't had the chance to try on a lot.
1. Eternity boot by Fiorentini and Baker: classic motorcyle , can be folded down ala SJP
2. Stuart weitzman 5050 : go to shirise.com they are now on sale and selling like pancakes
3. LD tuttle the shaper: just ordered them today.. has very good reviews - again this never goes on sale but go to shirise.com and they just went on sale... today!

Heeled ones: Im so extreme in my shoe choices: i want them as flat as pancakes or as toweringly high,, no in between.. don't ask me why.. Lol

So for heeled ones: Im very partial to YSL , Gucci and Louboutins

I own the YSL Y not and the Loubuoutins grey suede that i can't recall the name.

I have yet to find a 2009 over the knee gucci that i can't seem to find anywhere.

good luck in your choice.
and as always, we want pics!

Hmmm...if I put myself in your place and started myself over buying boots I would probably go with(and agree with some of the choices above:smile:)~
Some form of F&B boots either Eternity or Bean
OTK's if you can do them~SW 5050's are gorgeous
I have the Frye Dorado's in black and love them for a true riding boot.. (keepers for me)
A pr. of Loeffler Randall Matilde's(have a pr. myself)

Last edited: