Be Mine Mini Matte Black - Finally!

lccsue

Feb 1, 2008
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay - it has been a crazy day.

Well I picked up my BMM at the PO this morning and was pleasantly surprized that I did manage to avoid customs fees!

Anyway, I opened the box and was immediately so delighted. The black matte leather is incredible. It is not jet black but a darkest of charcoal and it has very very subtle variations in the leather - it is velvetly soft. It is not glossy, but not flat either because of the very subtle tones in the colour.

The size is perfect for a satchel. I can fit in a long wallet, sunglass case, makeup bag, camera, coin purse etc. The best is the front zippered pocket - a perfect place for my blackberry.

The handles are quite thick and soft and very comfortable. Now I am by no means a thin person but I can carry this bag on my shoulder - but definitely not if I was wearing a thick coat.

It is super lightweight as well, and as previously mentioned it has a magnetic snap in the centre of the bag just above the zipper so that you can close the bag without zipping it up - genious!

I would seriously consider this bag in a lighter colour for summer if there weren't so many other gorgeous BE bags out there. All in all, I am thrilled and know that I will have this bag forever and carry it often!

I tried to capture this in my photos. My son took most of the them - he is 12 years old and thinks that I am absolutely crazy!!

OK, I am going to try and upload the photos now - stand by......

Yes, the leather is definitely comparable to the dark grey in velvetly softness. It is divine! The word "matte" is deceiving as it only relates to the fact that there is NO shine to this bag - but there is still depth in the colour.

That bag looks tdf!!!:drool:

I knew I liked it from the BE website (and I think TropicalGal did too, if I remember) but it really looks fantastic in your pics - you look great wearing it! :tup:

It's like the perfect structured unstructured bag iykwim!

Looks as if it's also got a bit of retro rock chic going on with it too - a sumptuous edginess!

I am loving it! Thanks so much for the pics - I've been dying to see this bag irl. It looks even more fabulous than I thought!!

Iccsue, thanks ever so much for sharing your joy and your excellent piccies!!!! It is a gorgeous bag and you are gorgeous too.
But from your modeling pic-- the bag is bigger than I thought too...I thought it was really tiny, so I can understand what your seller was saying. I guess the definitions of what's big and small are crazy now, what with the ginormous bags. Anyway, I love love love it. Do enjoy!

I agree with suzi, that it has "rocker chic" attitude and I love that! Beautiful detailing (you may want to put some clear nail polish over those rhinestones to keep them in)! You did good Iccsue, and you look gorgeous!!!

Thanks all for your nice comments - it is a great bag and even sweeter as I did get a great deal on it. Tropicalgal, I think the word "mini" in the name of the bag is the misleading part - when I see that word, I think really tiny, but this is just an average size satchel. And I remember thinking that the Be Mine looked huge in the some of the photos I have seen on this forum. Valkyrie I will put a dab of clear nail polish over the rhinestone. Thanks for the tip. Boy would I be p.o.ed if I lost it!

It looks awesome on you. I really like that bag and am pleasantly surprised it can fit on the shoulders. I would love one in mustard. Maybe they might have it on sale...

Congrats on the great deal!