Be gentle - it's my first time!

Lilleput

Dec 5, 2017
Well, my first Goyard anyway - please be kind to me!!

I had ordered the St Louis PM already before I read all the issues with the St Louis tote like the cracking, peeling, torn corners etc. So I really actually was set to return the bag already and was just waiting for it to arrive.

I have had it for few days now and I absolutely love love love it! She came perfectly with no cracks, no peeling, very pristine white! I must be crazy to even consider the white but I couldn't help it. I think I love the Goyard tote even more than the Neverfull, I have to say. I had to sell my NF as the straps were digging onto my shoulders. The straps on this tote are sturdy but not painful even when I have stuffed it.

To those who have had this tote, does the strap soften with time? And more importantly, am I bonkers to keep a white tote that has known issues down the track?!

I have attached a photo of the bag :biggrin:

St. Louis.jpg

My straps haven't softened yet, I have had the bag for around 14 months. I find that the canvas softens beautifully in hot weather, but will then become more rigid in cold weather.

I've had no issues at all with wear anywhere on the bag - it seems extremely well made.

Enjoy your bag! The white is gorgeous and so striking :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: Lilleput
what's the colour of your bag (if I may ask) :biggrin:

My straps haven't softened yet, I have had the bag for around 14 months. I find that the canvas softens beautifully in hot weather, but will then become more rigid in cold weather.

I've had no issues at all with wear anywhere on the bag - it seems extremely well made.

Enjoy your bag! The white is gorgeous and so striking :biggrin:

Your white St. Louis is gorgeous, enjoy in great health and happiness! I have a grey St Louis pm and a black one. I love their light weight and slouch. I don’t really baby them, but I do rotate my bags, so they don’t get a huge amount of wear. The handles are still sturdy. Re those T that complained about cracked handles, that happened on my goyard Marquises, not the St. Louis, and did not seem to be caused by my wear and tear. (Since the marquises was barely used) I love the St. Louis more than my neverfulls, but I don’t load them down as much. my mom has moved on to Faure Le Page bc of the more generous shoulder drop, but l‘m not a fan.
Note: my experience seems to be contrary to many TPfers as I’ve also had good luck with two metallic chanel reissues, so many it’s just luck, IDK.
edit: @Lilleput, re your query below, I’ve had the black one for years. The grey one is newer, but I wore it all last summer Bc it was easy, open and fit everything, water, hand sanitizer, masks, gloves, iPad, phone, kelly wallet. The list goes on.
I haven’t gotten another yet bc I cannot decide among white, burgundy, navy or forest green. . .

Last edited:
i'm with you - I love the slouch! I know some people don't but I really like it. I thought I wouldn't, but it's so squishy and soft - it's hard not to like. But I have an organiser and it seem to make the bag stand, but still have that distinctive slouch. And sooo lightweight.

how long have you had your St Louis? Have you noticed softening of handles than when you first bought them? :blush:

Your white St. Louis is gorgeous, enjoy in great health and happiness! I have a grey St Louis pm and a black one. I love their light weight and slouch. I don’t really baby them, but I do rotate my bags, so they don’t get a huge amount of wear. The handles are still sturdy. Re those T that complained about cracked handles, that happened on my goyard Marquises, not the St. Louis, and did not seem to be caused by my wear and tear. (Since the marquises was barely used) I love the St. Louis more than my neverfulls, but I don’t load them down as much. my mom has moved on to Faure Le Page bc of the more generous shoulder drop, but l‘m not a fan.
Note: my experience seems to be contrary to many TPfers as I’ve also had good luck with two metallic chanel reissues, so many it’s just luck, IDK.

The white is perfect, it's a year around white IMO.
My Anjou (same as St Louis but leather lined/reversible) has been carried daily since my bday in November and I'm finding her straps to have softened a bit :smile:
You should have no issues with the handles at all, as long as you don't over stuff it or weigh it down.
My sweet boutique manager explained to us thatGoyard did not design it to carry heavy items, like laptops :doh:

Enjoy, I want the Anjou in every color now!!

Reactions: thatgirlinnewyork
I have two of them and my straps haven't softened up yet. I do rotate my bags and honestly don't use them that often. But I'll tell you, I love them both and am so glad I have them. I also have two Neverfulls as well, and I love my Goyards more.

Reactions: Lilleput
I have had 3 NF, but sold both (and gave away the 3rd one) because the handle straps kept on digging onto my shoulder. Honestly, I am not sure why I bought 3x!!!

Anyway, do you find you Goyard straps digging onto your shoulder at all? Or does it wear better than the NF? THanks!

I have two of them and my straps haven't softened up yet. I do rotate my bags and honestly don't use them that often. But I'll tell you, I love them both and am so glad I have them. I also have two Neverfulls as well, and I love my Goyards more.

I have had 3 NF, but sold both (and gave away the 3rd one) because the handle straps kept on digging onto my shoulder. Honestly, I am not sure why I bought 3x!!!

Anyway, do you find you Goyard straps digging onto your shoulder at all? Or does it wear better than the NF? THanks!

I don't necessarily find that the straps dig into my shoulder, but I do find that the strap drop is pretty short. I am a small person and have thin arms, but the straps fall down when using my small SL. It usually ends up on the crook of my arm. If you are planning on wearing it with a thick coat, forget about it because it will be way too snug to fit over the coat onto your shoulder.

i'm with you - I love the slouch! I know some people don't but I really like it. I thought I wouldn't, but it's so squishy and soft - it's hard not to like. But I have an organiser and it seem to make the bag stand, but still have that distinctive slouch. And sooo lightweight.

how long have you had your St Louis? Have you noticed softening of handles than when you first bought them? :blush:
Which organizer did you buy, if I may ask?