BE Field Trip

Hi Ladies - I'm in India and have struggled to get a decent internet connection but have finally 'scored" today!!
I have to apologize to all of you -- I wrote the trip report at 3:00AM London time just before taking off to Heathrow and in my haze.....
FORGOT TO MENTION THE DARK CHOCO PEBBLED GLOSSY!!!!
I saw this leather IRL. I fondled it for a good 15 minutes. It is exactly the color that so many of us had been looking for. It is dark chocolate in color. No red tones whatsoever. It has the gorgeous pebbled surface. It is the same leather as my black pebbled glossy and my "regular choco" pebbled glossy bags.
I saw the picture posted on another thread - the pic doesn't really reflect the leather color nor the same pebbly texture that we've all come to love....but I can assure you...it is the same texture and the color is the dark brown that when I first laid eyes on it, looked exactly like the brown so many of you had described as the brown you were looking for....i.e., darker than the "Hug Me" brown, not so much red tone, yet possessing the lovely pebbling and glossy, soft to the touch surface.
I love the TME in choco pebbled glossy that I own and I think its a very versatile brown that can be worn year round because if its lighter color. But I was captivated by this darker brown because it's more "neutral" as all the red tones are missing. And being darker, its a bit dressier IMHO. I can see this bag being worn with just about anything and I think it will be easier to match with boots, shoes sandals and belts.
So I have to get something in this leather too........:drool::drool::drool:

Hi Circoit -
That's a real smart idea to order the bags in the classic colors and the accessories in beautiful pops of color! I think you'll really like the items you chose!!:tup:
So what are you thinking in the green? That is one stunning leather that shouldn't be overlooked.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this awesome information! I am so excited now for my TME midis in taupe grey and aubergine, they sound like they are going to be stunning!

I ordered accessories in the cobalt blue and pink sheen because these are two colors I am particular about - they have to be done just right. If I love the colors, then I will order a bigger bag.

The green sounds amazing!!!! I am totally in with doing a bag in that color. I'd love to hold out a little longer and see what the new hobo looks like as that might be a possibility. Otherwise, a Hold Me, or Hug Me, or Love Me sounds promising in that color

Hi Euridice,
As I mentioned earlier, I'm not much of a girlie girl and have never been much a pink person, but I really, really like the pink that Jackie chose. So much so that I think I'll have to get something in this pink color even if its jsut an accessory like an Angel Purse. I can't wait to see your bag!!
thanks for the fantastic reviews, and what a lovely day you've had! I already knew about it because I "follow" Jackie on Twitter...although did not know who was at the lunch and Thai dinner, just that it was a lot of fun.

I'll have to check out the Balenciaga green to get an idea of the new BE green!! And I'm sooooo happy to hear such nice things about the pink since I've got the jobo coming in that!! I trusted that it would be pretty just based on that tiny square on the swatch pdf.

Have fun in India!! I want to hear about that.

Hi susan!! You're welcome. The cobalt is a great neutral but deeply saturated blue that should look as an accent piece. It will go well with just about any color

As for the Turqoise -- now your'e talkin' -- it and the pink really took me by surprise. Jackie picked beautiful shades of both for both of these!!

Thank you thank you THANK YOU! Your review is so helpful! I already preordered something special in the cobalt-so your explanation of the color is exactly like I had pictured it.

I am totally intrigued with the turquoise!!!! I must have something in this leather!!!

And there was a surprise color I wanted to tell you ladies about............(are you ready???)...........

A beautiful, stunning Green. Yes ladies....a green leather is a possibility for bespokes. It reminded me of the Bal Thyme Green color, but a touch deeper and richer in both color and texture. The leather seemed to be a bit less sheen than the spring sheen leathers but not matte either. It was gorgeous and I have to have something in this color!! Can I interest any of you???

HOBO UPDATE: For those of you interested in a hobo design bag: Jackie is getting extremely close to finishing this bag. We should see something very, very soon - and I am going to hold out for this one!!! I know we've all been waiting for it but hold stong....it will be out shortly!!!

Thanks so much for the in depth review! I had to respond to the part of your post about the green...YES you can count me as interested (especially if we can aim for a later Spring delivery)!!! Maybe the new hobo in it?! LOL - I haven't even gotten my first BE yet and I'm already lusting after ones that don't even exist yet!

Yes to the green Hobo if I haven't completely spent out at the time it becomes available.

Can you tell me a bit more about the Cobalt Sheen? How shiney and flexible was the sample? Was it terribly bright - I get the impression that it wasn't from what you said before.

Hi Jenova,
The cobalt sheen looked close to the color sheet Be provided in tone -- I thought it was a touch darker though. The cobalt is not electric, but it is a blue blue - like this Kooba blue http://www.shopbop.com/ryder-tote-ko...4&extid=affprg
(click on the blue color) It's not "shiney" but it has a sheen - which gives it a polished and finished look. Like the other BE sheen leathers , this leather looked like it will get soft and supple over time with use - like the petrol and wine leathers do.

Thanks for the added reviews of the colours. Well, this settles it for me -I must have the dark brown pebbly glossy TME and a pink something-an AP perhaps ?? !!!
OMG-and I have not yet even begun using all the bags from Bespoke Bliss....hm..

Hi, BG! Thanks for your reviews! I've loved reading them!! Did you see yellow sheen too? I'm curious about it! And aubergine sounds wonderful! I am totally smitten by the idea of that color!

Hi there TL!
Sorry to say I didn't seen the yellow sheen. I had wanted to but missed this one. I want to see this one next time I'm in London as I'm interested in it myself. I have the Bal Bouton D'or City bag and love it, but I've got to have something from BE in yellow and from the sample sheet the yellow looks to be a very good tone.
All the sheen leathers I did have the opportunity to review, were generally true to the color sheet in tone (the cobalt looked a touch darker IRL than on my laptop screen) and the texture and quality consistent with what we've seen on the petrol and wine leathers -- very beautiful and high quality.
My advise to you is sit back and enjoy you're wait.....I think you'll be very happy with your choice....if not, I know someone who would love to take that bag off your hands....lol!! :graucho::graucho:
Hi, BG! Thanks for your reviews! I've loved reading them!! Did you see yellow sheen too? I'm curious about it! And aubergine sounds wonderful! I am totally smitten by the idea of that color!

Last edited:
Hi Jenova,
The cobalt sheen looked close to the color sheet Be provided in tone -- I thought it was a touch darker though. The cobalt is not electric, but it is a blue blue - like this Kooba blue http://www.shopbop.com/ryder-tote-ko...4&extid=affprg
(click on the blue color) It's not "shiney" but it has a sheen - which gives it a polished and finished look. Like the other BE sheen leathers , this leather looked like it will get soft and supple over time with use - like the petrol and wine leathers do.

Million thanks - darker than the colour sheet is what I want to hear.