Be & D Crawford vs. Gucci Horsebit Hobo

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
i need a good, black, everyday bag - there's no denying it any longer! so, i like both of these (i'm sure you're all familiar w/ them but i thought i post pics for your viewing pleasure anyhow):

NMV5626_mn.jpg

Be & D Crawford Hobo, $995

fw05_hb_114900_A0N0G_1000-full.jpg

Gucci Large Horsebit hobo, $1425

fw05_hb_115867_A0N0G_1000-full.jpg

i am also thinking about it's smaller twin at $995

what would you pick? they're largely the same size, and the Be & D and the smaller gucci are more reasonable for me right now, since i've got my paddy bill to pay and there are several other bags i'd also like to aquire. i'd love to have a gucci horsebit, though...but the Be & D is also quite nice...thoughts? opinions? encouragement? anyone know of a good 12 step program?

I have to say that I like both equally. I did purchase this Be and D tote in purple, this was like forever ago before NM carried them- I bought it at Kitson in LA. I have to say it is so nice. The leather is so soft and it is a nice designer too- more trendy than compared to the classic Gucci. I used mine as a beach bag. It is very big and very big on, but I like it for something different. But Gucci is so nice too, tough choice. And Amanda I am so glad you finally ordered a Chloe- where did you order from?

madeline said:
I have to say that I like both equally. I did purchase this Be and D tote in purple, this was like forever ago before NM carried them- I bought it at Kitson in LA. I have to say it is so nice. The leather is so soft and it is a nice designer too- more trendy than compared to the classic Gucci. I used mine as a beach bag. It is very big and very big on, but I like it for something different. But Gucci is so nice too, tough choice. And Amanda I am so glad you finally ordered a Chloe- where did you order from?

i ended up ordering from luisaviaroma.com because i wanted the mousse color - i can't wait!

amanda said:
i ended up ordering from luisaviaroma.com because i wanted the mousse color - i can't wait!

I am so glad you finally stopped debating over which bag to get, I know it was a big issue for you. You will be happy with your paddington- and the color choice is great, more unique than the others, though I love my Ivory. Please please post pics when you get it! Happy New Years to you and everyone.

OK, I will go against the grain and vote for the Be&D. It looks so lovely and slouchy and just perfect for that essential everyday bag. I've never checked out the horsebit hobo in person, but I don't know how that strap business works (call me sheltered:shame: ) But for the everyday school/work/errands, that Be&D is so versatile and lovely--and their leather is awesome&yummy!

Personally, (no offense to Gucci girls) but I'm not a huge fan of Gucci bags. I recently bought a tote that I love but as far as handbags, they are a little too stiff and structured for me. I have the BE&D Garbo bag and I just love it. It's soft and yummy and out of all my handbags, it's the one I get the most compliments on. I see you already ordered the Gucci so don't forget to post pics! If you get a new bag in the future, I recommend the BE&D for sure.

Have fun with your new bag! Fun!!

P.S. I never met a Gucci wallet that I didn't like ;)

I actually like all of these, that B E &D is really pretty! You can always use more than one good black bag so you could always get the BE&D first and the Gucci later perhaps?
Saks on line also has a really pretty Miu Miu with a braided strap, it comes in camel and black and is a great price. Let us know what you choose!