BE & D Bags?

I went through a little Be & D phase last year, and I continue to use all four of the bags I have from them.

The Crawford tote (in sand) is sooooo soft and hangs just gorgeously. This was my first.

The O'Keeffe tote (black) is probably the one bag I carry more than any other. It's simple, and HUGE, and really comfortable to carry.

I have the Stella in slate blue (more greenish blue) and need to pull it back into service. It looks really good and got a lot of use last winter. It's the perfect size for me for an all-purpose bag.

Finally, the Bond clutch in black... (the one with the rings and studs all over, I think that 's the name of it) killer with a simple outfit and boots. It's heavy with a lot of leather and doesn't hold much, but it sure looks good.

I keep coming back to see what their newer stuff looks like and I haven't been drawn back in the way I was back in my honeymoon period with them. Regardless, my bags from them have all been of high quality and have held up beautifully under some good use from me. I'm definitely a fan.

All of mine came from NM. The recent and current sale prices make me a little crazy, but I used mine so much in the weeks and months after I got them...

I went through a little Be & D phase last year, and I continue to use all four of the bags I have from them.

The Crawford tote (in sand) is sooooo soft and hangs just gorgeously. This was my first.

The O'Keeffe tote (black) is probably the one bag I carry more than any other. It's simple, and HUGE, and really comfortable to carry.

I have the Stella in slate blue (more greenish blue) and need to pull it back into service. It looks really good and got a lot of use last winter. It's the perfect size for me for an all-purpose bag.

Finally, the Bond clutch in black... (the one with the rings and studs all over, I think that 's the name of it) killer with a simple outfit and boots. It's heavy with a lot of leather and doesn't hold much, but it sure looks good.

I keep coming back to see what their newer stuff looks like and I haven't been drawn back in the way I was back in my honeymoon period with them. Regardless, my bags from them have all been of high quality and have held up beautifully under some good use from me. I'm definitely a fan.

All of mine came from NM. The recent and current sale prices make me a little crazy, but I used mine so much in the weeks and months after I got them...

Please post pics! :yes:

I haven't posted with attachments yet, so I hope this will work!

my four Be and D babies:
Crawford Tote in sand
O'Keeffe tote in black
Stella in slate
Bond clutch in black

Attachments

• BeandD_Crawford_sand.JPG
    BeandD_Crawford_sand.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 88
  • BeandD_O'Keeffe_black.JPG
    BeandD_O'Keeffe_black.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 78
  • BeandD_Stella_slate.JPG
    BeandD_Stella_slate.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 93
  • BeandD_Bond_black.JPG
    BeandD_Bond_black.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 64
The deerskin Crawford is pretty lightweight. I think that the strap weighs more than the bag! The bag is lined in suede and is soooooo smooshy. You have to touch it to believe it.

There's a little zippered pocket inside and a cell phone/PDA holder opposite it made of the same stiffer leather as the strap. The whole bag is held closed with one magnetic snap.

My only complaint about the bag (aside from the vulnerability of the deerskin, but you kind of know what you're in for if you get a deerskin bag) is that because my hair is long, sometimes a strand or two will get caught in the flat studs on the strap if I have the bag over my shoulder. It's not a big deal, but if you have long hair and like to wear it down, you should probably try the bag on before you commit. I bought the bag online and I don't think that this would have been a deal-breaker for me if I'd tried it on first, but it might be something you'd consider...

I have the Crawford tote in black with a gold (pinktone) strap - the strap IS the main attraction and the deerskin is just as you say, unbelieveably soft (I have had no trouble keeping it pristine) my only problem is that with 3 pairs of eyeglasses, wallet, cosmetic bag, checkbook, odds & ends, etc. the bag has unfortunately become too small for my stuff, so I rarely use it. The quality of Be&D is top of the line !!!

Hello! I just bought a black patent Deanna hobo. I have never seen a BE&D in person, so I hope I like it. Desert Diva, the style looks rather like your O'Keeffe tote. How do you like it? I will post pics of my bag when I get it next week. I am glad there is a thread on this brand. Thanks for sharing, everyone.

Attachments

• dbe patent.jpg
    dbe patent.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 39
  • bde patent back.jpg
    bde patent back.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 47
desert diva: i really like the okeefe tote. it has the simple style that i like.
my impression is how expensive be & d is...even on sale. and lately, the bags have had a lot of studs, so that's not my thing. so i think the price has just driven me away. they also seem delicate and in need of repair? anyway, thanks for sharing.

I like the O'Keeffe a -lot-! It's probably one of the biggest bags I own... as often as not, I've got another bag stashed inside it! (And when I travel, the O'Keeffe is a carry-on with every other bag I'm taking along packed inside it!)

Kathryn, I haven't seen its dimensions, but I think that the Deanna just is like the O'Keeffe except instead of the long shoulder strap connecting the top side loops, it has a shorter hand-strap. I'm looking forward to reading your impressions and seeing pics when you get yours.

TropicalGal, I think we have similar taste! I wasn't at all drawn into the first high-profile Be & D's, like the studded-all-over Avas, etc. The Stella is about as decorated as any bag I own. The Bond clutch is awfully busy, but of course it's not used much (but I do love it when I get the chance!).

I wonder what you know that makes you think they're delicate... Aside from the deerskin on the one tote, the Be & Ds I have are among the -sturdiest- bags I own. The leather on my black O'Keeffe is very thick and textured, totally appropriate for its size and the amount of weight and stuff you could ever hope to get into it. The construction and stitching of the straps and handles, too... more than enough for what you could do to the bag. My own Be & Ds are the only ones I've ever seen in person, though.

Be & D is an interesting case--they really came out of the gate running, made a -huge- splash, but didn't seem to follow up on their original line with anything but a few variations on old themes (I'm thinking of the big totes now in patent, etc.) I fell in love with them hard and fast in the beginning, and a year later, see the bag I paid almost $800 for still selling--for less than $300!--and not much new coming up.

That said, I still love my four as much as I loved them at the start (or more, after seeing just how much I use them), which doesn't always happen! And in my somewhat limited experience the quality has been great. I have no complaints about how they've worn and what they're worth to me.

About the Be & D finish - the "concrete" Stella I received had the strangest leather I've ever seen. I was not thrilled so I sent it back.

Hi Laineegirl,

I was contemplating getting this exact bag.
Can you tell me wat was strange about the leather? Is it a good fall color? It looks so awesome. I am hoping it goes on sae for even more during Labor Day weekend.

I looked at one at Loehmann's yesterday. They have 3 - black, brown and a leopard print. Price of leather ones was around $400. It was nice but just didn't quite do it for me. Very plain large bag with outside pockets and no hardware. But seems like this was a good price for someone.