Be Aware the new Express Mail Request Scams

lovemyangels

May 4, 2007
I recently received a buyer's message saying he/she will buy my item for a friend's birthday, and if I can offer Exress Mail. I replied yes, and I will give him/her a quote after he/she wins. Then he wrote:

========================================
Hello,

That sounds good. Also I am not sure if this item that
you are selling is the same exact one that my friend
wants for their birthday can you open up the pic in
the link and let me know.Here is the link.

(following a weblink)

Thanks,

shoptil*drop

========================================

Obviously that is a malicious site. Once you click on it, a virus will be installed on your system.

I have heard this happened to multiple sellers. Just want to warn everyone to be careful. Of course, the scammers could use other excuses for the phsying. BE CAREFUL!!!!

Gosh you have to wonder how unhappy these "scammers/hackers" have to be to want to ruin someone's day/life by phishing them and stealing their identity. With all the time they have and smarts you would think that they would be making tons of money fighting "their own people" instead of living the life of a theif.

Thanks for the warning, sorry for the tangent.

Yes I got the same email a few months ago, and I opened the link. Well, right after, someone withdrew $2300 from my PayPal account. I called PayPal, I told them what happened and they put the funds on hold, and they investigated it. Be aware this happens alot. Don't ever open the link they send you!!!

wow! that same exact thing happened to me! i clicked on it but couldn't because my antivirus software wouldon't allow me to...nothing ever happened to my bank acct or paypal acct...maybe because i had $0 in my paypal acct.... =)

OMG, I received the same email from the same ebay id with the same story on my Balenciaga purse. I did try clicking on the link but it didn't open up.

So if the link did open up, this person can steal all my personal info, is that it?

OMG, I received the same email from the same ebay id with the same story on my Balenciaga purse. I did try clicking on the link but it didn't open up.

So if the link did open up, this person can steal all my personal info, is that it?

As long as your computer has the latest and updated virus software, you should be fine. But still don't take the risk. If your computer is infected by virus and compromised, your personal information can be stolen.

Yes I got the same email a few months ago, and I opened the link. Well, right after, someone withdrew $2300 from my PayPal account. I called PayPal, I told them what happened and they put the funds on hold, and they investigated it. Be aware this happens alot. Don't ever open the link they send you!!!

I can't believe this is a scam! I did also open the link, but I only got to a certain page. I didn't have any money taken, so I'm assuming that means I didn't hit the exact site with the virus?

By the way, danicky, did you get your money back?

This has previously been pointed out as a scam . They are still getting away with it. Horrible. Maybe you should open another thread with that particular name (shoptil*drop) again so people can be warned?