BE adjustments

gack

O.G.
Aug 14, 2007
I wasn't sure what section to ask this in, and I couldn't find anything doing a search, somebody please direct me if something already exists to answer this...

Does BE offer adjustments to existing bags for a charge? Like, assuming the leather was currently available, could I send back a hug me for longer handles? Or a hold me for lined handles? Or a love me for thinner threaded handles? Or an enchant me for detachable handles?

Of course!.. I regretted a certain lining, so this was changed! Now, don't ask me the price, can't remember, and I guess it's different from bag to bag. I also got thin handles one as well as longer ;)

But the Hold me for lined handles will be a bit tricky, since this includes some original type of leather and it's not sure this can be fulfilled..the price will most likely be high!

Of course!.. I regretted a certain lining, so this was changed! Now, don't ask me the price, can't remember, and I guess it's different from bag to bag. I also got thin handles one as well as longer ;)

But the Hold me for lined handles will be a bit tricky, since this includes some original type of leather and it's not sure this can be fulfilled..the price will most likely be high!

I've been contemplating BEC'ing a HM with contrasting leather lined handles- maybe coffee colored bag with the interior on the handles being lined with a lighter pebbled leather such as butter cream- I was told by BE that it is possible, as long as the leather types are the same- so maybe this would be a way of getting lined leather handles later if the color of the body is no longer available or wouldn't be an exact match batch wise.

I've been contemplating BEC'ing a HM with contrasting leather lined handles- maybe coffee colored bag with the interior on the handles being lined with a lighter pebbled leather such as butter cream- I was told by BE that it is possible, as long as the leather types are the same- so maybe this would be a way of getting lined leather handles later if the color of the body is no longer available or wouldn't be an exact match batch wise.

Ohh, like secret handles! Reminds me of the secret bottoms that Ignes did when they still customised.

Bonnie - i could email Rose but you usually know the answers to all these things anyway! I have a cream pebbled TMA Midi with the wide padded shoulder strap and it keeps slipping. Do you know if I can BEC just a narrow padded strap or a messenger strap?

VanB ..hahaha..you give me too much credit! Yes, usuallly you should be able to do this. As far as I am informed BE gathers small orders together once a month or every 6 weeks, so you might wait a bit ;)
I normally gather all this stuff with an ongoing order, then if I am lucky, Marco will make this at the same time!

You should write in the comments box all info after adding the strap on BEC..like leather type and hw.

I just bought longer handles for a bag that had already been made. I was just sent the handles, didn't have to send the bag back. I cut off the too short handles and using some little screw thing that was sent attached the new handles to the existing jump ring. This was crash leather and the cost was £45 inc postage Italy to UK.

VanB ..hahaha..you give me too much credit! Yes, usuallly you should be able to do this. As far as I am informed BE gathers small orders together once a month or every 6 weeks, so you might wait a bit ;)
I normally gather all this stuff with an ongoing order, then if I am lucky, Marco will make this at the same time!

You should write in the comments box all info after adding the strap on BEC..like leather type and hw.

I got extra tassels and zipper pulls for a pewter bag when I ordered my Nutmeg TMA so I should have thought to order the cream strap then - but I didn't know if the narrow padded strap would be any better than the wide. I also want a narrow paddes strap for my black crash Love Me that I bought pre-loved. I'll email Rose now!

I just replaced broken tags on a black crash Hug Me and also send back a Stroke Me to get the handles lengthened. A couple years ago, the drawbands on a sheen petrol Love Me (before they had snap closures too) separated so Rose had me send it to Marco and he fixed it for N/C. I ended up later selling that bag. It was a pretty one. Almost makes me wish I had kept it but I wanted something else more. They will definitely do these kinds of things for you. I really like the idea of lining Hold Me handles with a contrasting leather color of the same type (pebbled versus sheen, etc). I might have to do that on a future Hold me.