BdP vs. Prune

calibali

O.G.
Jan 30, 2009
I'm still waiting to get my first Birkin and I thought I had decided on BdP, but yesterday I was shown a 35 Prune in Swift. I really loved the color in the Swift, so I was wondering how different the color would be in Togo?

Also, to me it looked purple with a red undertone - is that an accurate description? In the pics in the color reference section, it looks more brownish red and I just didn't see that yesterday. Any general opinions on Prune?

If you had to pick one, would you go with BdP or Prune (in Togo and for a very casual lifestyle)?

I'm just too indecisive for my own good...

Prune in Swift is rich and has a sheen. Love the combination. But I am not sure about it in a 35cm Birkin. To each his own ... I personally think the skin lacks structure and in a 35cm, when it collapses into a heap, it's not very charming.

Oh, just to clarify I am not interested in getting the Prune in Swift. My SA was just showing it to me as an example of the color. I will be getting either Togo or Clemence in whatever color I decide on.

So I guess I'm more confused now - in my initial conversation with my SA, I said I was looking for a BdP or Raisin, and she said that I wouldn't like Raisin since it had distinct brown undertones. She recommended Prune and that is why she showed me that bag yesterday.

If I wanted the least brown tone, would that be Prune or Raisin?

Or maybe I should just continue waiting for BdP so I don't have to worry about seeing shades of brown? I really don't wear anything in the brown family so I want the most versatile color that complements my wardrobe.

My workhorse Birkin isn't my blacks but my prune clemence. It's absolutely THE BEST neutral for me- dark, almost brown but with purple and red tones. Goes with anything for anywhere. I wear it with severe black suits, with jeans and a girlish blouse, and last week I ran an errand with it in a Lanvin H&M Tee and denim shorts. But I'd say choice of hardware will matter. I chose ghw for my prune and phw for my raisin, and that turned out perfect for my skintone.