BdP vs. Prune

calibali

Jan 30, 2009
I'm still waiting to get my first Birkin and I thought I had decided on BdP, but yesterday I was shown a 35 Prune in Swift. I really loved the color in the Swift, so I was wondering how different the color would be in Togo?

Also, to me it looked purple with a red undertone - is that an accurate description? In the pics in the color reference section, it looks more brownish red and I just didn't see that yesterday. Any general opinions on Prune?

If you had to pick one, would you go with BdP or Prune (in Togo and for a very casual lifestyle)?

I'm just too indecisive for my own good...

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
Prune in Swift is rich and has a sheen. Love the combination. But I am not sure about it in a 35cm Birkin. To each his own ... I personally think the skin lacks structure and in a 35cm, when it collapses into a heap, it's not very charming.

calibali

Jan 30, 2009
Oh, just to clarify I am not interested in getting the Prune in Swift. My SA was just showing it to me as an example of the color. I will be getting either Togo or Clemence in whatever color I decide on.

So I guess I'm more confused now - in my initial conversation with my SA, I said I was looking for a BdP or Raisin, and she said that I wouldn't like Raisin since it had distinct brown undertones. She recommended Prune and that is why she showed me that bag yesterday.

If I wanted the least brown tone, would that be Prune or Raisin?

Or maybe I should just continue waiting for BdP so I don't have to worry about seeing shades of brown? I really don't wear anything in the brown family so I want the most versatile color that complements my wardrobe.

Oct 13, 2008
BdP....such a gorgeous color..especially in clemence.
Look at the color threads and see which one makes your heart flutter.....
That is the color worth waiting for.

Pursepet

Aug 17, 2010
For what it's worth, I have both and find that I use my Prune much more often. I love it!

kewave

O.G.
Nov 26, 2008
Same color in Swift can be very different to Togo/Clemence.
Prune in Clemence has a lot of brown in it.

TammyD

Rising Star
O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
the global village
My workhorse Birkin isn't my blacks but my prune clemence. It's absolutely THE BEST neutral for me- dark, almost brown but with purple and red tones. Goes with anything for anywhere. I wear it with severe black suits, with jeans and a girlish blouse, and last week I ran an errand with it in a Lanvin H&M Tee and denim shorts. But I'd say choice of hardware will matter. I chose ghw for my prune and phw for my raisin, and that turned out perfect for my skintone.