BCBG - New Fall Offerings Include Herve Leger-like Skirts

lovelygarments

Kay
O.G.
Nov 24, 2006
Cincinnati
I don't know much about BCBG stores, or the items they carry. Today DD and I were at the mall, and we went inside. I bought some of the best clothes that I have seen in one place in record time. Now, I shop at Prada, Balenciaga, Chloe, Rick Owens, Donna Karan, etc., and I typically don't shop at BCBG or a store like that. I'm older than you twenty-somethings, and I have so many clothes, that I just generally don't go into stores like that. Well, I bought some great things! They had these skirts the SA called their Herve Leger skirts - the SA said that they were copying the HL skirts. I looked at the price, and I thought, well, why not??? Try one on.... these skirts are killer! I bought the longer black one and the ombre gray skirt. $138 and $148, respectively.

Here is the link for the ombre gray skirt from the BCBG website. http://www.bcbg.com/product/index.j...:MAIN:NEW_ARRIVALS&view=all&parentPage=family

I also picked up some pencil skirts, ala L'Wren Scott pieces. Great prices!

Can you tell me if BCBG has always had clothes like this, or is this the first season that they are incorporating HL pieces into their RTW line. I read where Max Azria bought Herve Leger in 1998.

I would appreciate any history that you can provide. :smile:

lilflobowl

V
O.G.
Jul 27, 2007
Singapore
hey lovelygarments! I believe this would be the first time they've done this. I have a feeling they're hopping onto the bodycon bandwagon though because other brands like Topshop & H&M have made quite a bit of $$ when they introduced their own bodycon dresses/skirts in their boutiques.

lovelygarments

Kay
O.G.
Nov 24, 2006
Cincinnati
Hi lilflobowl! Thank for answering my question. I was shocked when I went to the BCBG website, and I saw the link for the Herve Leger website. I then did a little research, and found out the scoop of when Max Azria bought Herve Leger's company, and then he and Herve Leger had a falling out! I remember wearing HL back in the 80's - I wish I had some photos from back then of me wearing the dresses.

lovelygarments

Kay
O.G.
Nov 24, 2006
Cincinnati
No problem! The original Herve Leger has his own brand in Paris again: Herve L. Leroux. So what did you do with your 80s HLs?

Do you buy Herve L Leroux or do you buy the BCBG owned Herve Leger? I'm curious, as now that I have bought the skirts, I am dying for a Herve Leger dress!!!! So should I buy Herve Leger or Herve L. Leroux? :smile:

My 80's HLs were sold on Evilbay some time ago - when I first started selling on Evilbay sometime ago - if my memory serves me correctly, I sold them with BIN of about $150.....wish I wouldn't have done that! :sad: Stupid of me. Anyway, next on my list of purchases is an HL dress - but I must research to determine whether to buy the HL Leroux or the BCBG HL - any advice you have on the subject would be great. :smile:

lilflobowl

V
O.G.
Jul 27, 2007
Singapore
Well, I've been buying the Max Azria HLs - the HL thread so far only consists of tpfers who have bought the Max Azria HLs although I believe there are some that did buy HLs before Max Azria bought over.

From what I can see from Herve L. Leroux's website, those dresses seem to have a more matured style & probably suits the 30+ onwards age group better? & his dresses are definitely harder to buy because I think he only has that one boutique in Paris! If you like the bandage skirts from BCBG then I think you'd be more than happy with the Max Azria range! Join us in our thread; we'll definitely welcome you with open arms!

lovelygarments

Kay
O.G.
Nov 24, 2006
Cincinnati
Thank you so much - I will - I'll join all of you in your HL thread. In the next day or two, I'll take some modeling photos of the skirts that I bought. What I really like about the skirts is they are basics that you can wear many ways.

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. :smile: You are very kind.

glitterglo

O.G.
Jul 12, 2007
Hi LovelyGarments, I love that skirt!! Definitely come on over to the HL thread and post modeling shots!