BBF will buy a bag in Paris!! BUT?

Kylie M

Apr 9, 2015
ok I have a friend going to Paris and she said that if I'm wanting anything from LV she will buy it and bring back to USA!! Great!!! But if she buys, the receipt will be in her name and if anything happens to the bag "glazing" etc... will I be covered?? It's so much cheaper.... Anyone know about this??

ok I have a friend going to Paris and she said that if I'm wanting anything from LV she will buy it and bring back to USA!! Great!!! But if she buys, the receipt will be in her name and if anything happens to the bag "glazing" etc... will I be covered?? It's so much cheaper.... Anyone know about this??
She can put the bag in your name. When you specifically tell your SA you are buying for someone else (gift situation, etc...) they recommend that the bag be placed under the recipient's name. And that's what your friend should do.

People give each other presents all the time so I would imagine that as long as you have a genuine receipt, you should be covered. The receipt shows the authenticity of the item and that is the crux of the matter.

Reactions: Kylie M
Sooooo OP...what are you going to have her get for you? :graucho:

Good question... haven't decided yet.. but thinking the Pochette Metis (2nd time round) or see what comes out in the new line.. my friend is going in Spring Break, so plenty of time!! I would welcome suggestions.. I'm a small, crossbody bag kinda girl.

She can put the bag in your name. When you specifically tell your SA you are buying for someone else (gift situation, etc...) they recommend that the bag be placed under the recipient's name. And that's what your friend should do.

@fabuleux - Thanks for the heads-up pertaining to [being able to] put the recipient's name on the actual LV receipt - it is very useful information to know!:tup::smile:

Reactions: uhpharm01
Since she will be buying it from Paris, I assume she is going there for holiday, don't you want her to claim tax / vat refunds upon her departure from Paris so your bag will be cheaper? If you do, it should be under her name.

Good question... haven't decided yet.. but thinking the Pochette Metis (2nd time round) or see what comes out in the new line.. my friend is going in Spring Break, so plenty of time!! I would welcome suggestions.. I'm a small, crossbody bag kinda girl.

Turenne pm, speedy b 25, favourite mm, Alma bb, Saint Germain bb are all great small crossbody options :smile:

Reactions: Kylie M

Normally Paris is very strict, they require the person who buys the item passport and definitely the item will be under his/her name, moreover if the person wish to claim VAT. If it's in UK, things might go around. Especially with the new policy now 3 leather goods in 6months, I don't think LV would allow anyone to request to put the item under someone else's name otherwise everybody would do that and there's no point having the new buying policy. You will still be covered, it doesn't matter if the receipt is under your name of not.

My friend is going too! So question, I assume if someone else is purchasing, it's easier to just give them cash?

Also is my math correct in that items are much cheaper there even if she doesn't get the VAT? For example: it looks like the empreinte cles converts to $320 USD, compared to $440 in the states, and we have to add sales tax.

Of course I want the VAT, but if it doesn't work out for some reason, I hope I'm still getting a good discount!

These are the three i'm thinking of. Probably in this order, if friend can't find the ones I'm looking for. The noir vernis Alma doesn't seem to be on the UK site.

louis-vuitton-lockme-ii-bb-lockme-soft-leather--M51200_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

louis-vuitton--M50418_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

louis-vuitton-speedy-35-monogram-canvas-handbags--M41107_PM2_Front%20view.jpg