Bbags & Water/Rain/Weather - how to deal

I live in Bainbridge Island, near Seattle. I try not to carry the bag on rainy days when I am out shopping. I have been out in the rain for a short distance and have gotten my pale pink and black bags dampened. I just blotted, not rubbed, the leather to pick up extra water and haven't had any problems. I hadn't even sprayed the bags yet.

i just got my gorgeous 08 magenta work today and i've been conditioning it with the apple leather conditioner. i just sprayed the rain and stain spray on the back or the bag and it's hanging to dry. i sprayed it back and forth width-wise and after around 15-20 minutes of letting it dry the darkness from the spray is still there and is darker in some places than others. did i just ruin my beautiful new bag? will this go away with some more conditioning and/or buffing? why?!

I don't think I could carry balbag during the rain. Any ideas? I lived in UK and it's always raining over here. I rarely used my leather bag during the raining day. I ended up using only Prada nylon quite often.

I never carried my bal out on raining day so I wanna know any ideas? and thought?

I used to live in WA and just treated my light colored Bbag with a stain/water repellant and conditioned it regularly. Never had any issues other than some darkening on the handles and corners.

I live in Boston (New England), and trust me ... it rains a lot here too! I've been stuck in torrential downpours with my B-Bags, and frankly ... a few of them actually look better!!! Mind you, I typically do treat my bags beforehand (with AG), but as I'm not a fan of the *gloss* that Balenciaga puts on the bags (you know - when you first get it, it's a little shiny), the rain (for some strange reason) seems to get rid of that shiny gloss and so the bag looks great. Overall, if it gets real wet, I would just let it dry out naturally ... and they're usually just fine.

I live in Ireland where it rains a lot. I recently bought a Tabac City. Naturally, I've already been caught in rain, but have had no probs. I use an excellent rain and stain repellent called Woly and have never had any probs with any of my bags. But if I hear a weather forecast for wet weather, I whip out a Prada Nylon.

Since I just purchased my first light colored b-bag (2005 caramel) - I'm considering spraying it with a leather waterproofing product. Just wondering if anyone else has ever done this, or is the b-bag sacrilege?

I used Apple Garde waterproofing spray on my Sahara Twiggy. On my Plomb City I didn't use anything though because it's darker so I'm not scared of getting it dirty/stained.

gardebuyshot.jpg

http://leatherstuff.com/shop/view.php?id=284

I was hesitant to spray my GGH Work because the hardware might get discolored. Based on posts I have read here bbags seem to do OK in the rain. Then I remembered reading a post about someone's sprayed bag and how she just wiped off blue jean dye stains. She said just wiping off wouldn't have been possible if the bag hadn't been sprayed. So, I decided to spray just the back of my bag where it might come into contact with my jeans.