Bbags in pouring rain?

addicted ali

Your Honour, a Bbag!
O.G.
Sep 8, 2006
right fellow Bbag lovers... i have a question for you all...

have any of you used your Bbags (regardless of color) in the POURING RAIN???

I'm soooo paranoid of my bags that I REFUSE to use my Bbags or Chanels (even LVs!) in the pouring rain... and where I live, when it rains, IT RAINS alright!

but just in case... if i take it out one day and it starts pouring down... am I safe? (I've used AG but not sure if its pouring rain repellant KWIM?)

TIA!:tup:

I have carried my black bal in pouring rain (not just sprinkles) and it just made it smooshier and softer! I even spilled a half of a bottled water in my magenta and you truly can't tell. That is the beauty of these bags, they actually look better with use, and in my case, hard use! I encourage you to use them and enjoy them regardless of the weather!

addicted "C" bbags should be able to withstand the rain. i spilled something on my black city awhile ago and had to clean it off when i got home. i washed it off with water (3X) and the leather held up fine!!

my sandstone city got caught in the rain the other day.. one handle in particular was almost black. my mom was freaking out lol.. but within 5 mins it dried up to normal :yes:

I love your saying.....TWIGGERS NEEDS ANOTHER BALENCIAGA LIKE SHE NEEDS A HOLE IN THE HEAD...BUT HECK A LITTLE VENTILATION NEVER HURT......
may I use it when I have to justify anothe BBag to my DH??????

In Seattle we don't usually get monsoon-style rain; we tend to get about five monsoons' worth of rain over the whole year. However, my Bbags have certainly been out in it when it was way beyond sprinkling, and all have held up beautifully. I have used Rain & Stain Repellant on the lighter ones, but the darker are unprotected.

The only time I worry about my Bbags and water is in Disneyland, where I carry a plastic shopping bag folded up inside them to cover them with on wet rides. ;)

I live in Florida and summer showers can come up fast with lots of wind and rain. Many of my bags have gotten wet including Balenciagas. I find the worst is LV, it spots the leather sometimes. Balenciaga's dry and look good as new. But I do use AG.