BBag and a dog? Should I be worried??

strife00

⚓
O.G.
Aug 3, 2007
I'm looking into adopting a puppy in a couple of months, and most of my friends have dogs... Should I be worried about leaving my BBag on the couch, or somewhere the dog could grab it?

Any personal horror stories??

More curious than worried, but its a question that needs to be asked!
(searched everywhere and no such forum was found)

^ YES.
My puppy ruined several pairs of shoes, and would have ruined purses as well had I left them out. Most puppies will chew just about ANYTHING they can get their mouth around.

I wouldn't leave it where the puppy can get it (or any other dog) until you know for sure they won't chew it. I can leave anything around my dog now, but when she was a puppy she would destroy any bra or pair of panties she could find. Luckily it was never shoes or bags though.

Definitely. You have to dog proof your home more carefully than you would child proof it. Puppies will chew anything. Especially if they are bored or home alone. The good news is that they do grow out of that phase eventually.

I'll never forget when our dog was a puppy, she chewed a pair of my mum's sandals! they were amazing, aligator strappy sandals not even worn once and bang! there comes the doggy!

My first dog, Nails, had a particular fetish... high end lip gloss... his favorite were Chanel Glossimers. First time he grabbed one was the last time! I got smart. Dogs are very good teachers.

Oh, and then I had to figure out how to remove fuchsia lip gloss from my brand new pastel lilac print Laura Ashley quilt.

My dog, Sadie loved to grab anything we were using and run. One day she grabbed a bottle of acrylic paint and bit down. The whole house, (carpet, couch, walls) and my white dog were bathed in apple red paint! We still have some spots in the house where you can see a hint of red footprints.

It depends on the puppy, and on you of course. Mine never chewed anything but his chew toys. You have to train him to stay away from your stuff, especially shoes and bags.You have to make sure your puppy gets a lot of exercise, you play a lot with him/her, and you are not stressing him. Dogs that chew usually do that out of stress and boredom. Read this article..
http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/o.../dog_behavior_tip_sheets/destructive_chewing/

And don't ever give the puppy old pairs of shoes to play with, because puppies can't tell between old pairs and new pairs.

Thank goodness I have the calmest most wonderful dog, I trust him with all my stuff (except old socks that he finds and hides everywhere), as I know he will not touch anything.