BBag admirer needs advice

itsbaglove

O.G.
Feb 24, 2009
Hello! I've been drawn to the look of Bals for a while now. The colors look delicious and the leathers, even more scrumptious! :drool: My hesitation in buying my first one (besides the fact that I don't have a money tree :P), is that Bal bags have such an iconic look that I'm afraid they'll wear me instead of the other way around. It's the reason why, as pretty as they are, I rarely wear my LV monograms anymore or my Burberry novacheck patterned bags.

I'd love to hear your opinions about this. Thanks ladies!

I think LV and Burberry are easily recognized by their Logo/Pattern where Balenciaga is not. In fact, that's why many Bal lovers choose Bal over the other brands.

By the way, if that's you in your Avi, I doubt you have anything to worry about. :greengrin:

BBags really only stand out if you want them to - for example pop colours and giant hardware. If you are unsure, start with something neutral that you feel confident with.

I think LV and Burberry are easily recognized by their Logo/Pattern where Balenciaga is not. In fact, that's why many Bal lovers choose Bal over the other brands.

By the way, if that's you in your Avi, I doubt you have anything to worry about. :greengrin:

Great point. I think it's just me in awe of the Bal. It has such a big presence for me - truely an HG bag :girlsigh:

I wish it's me in my avi. Still working on it. I may have my first (and second...) Bal before I get those abs :P

BBags really only stand out if you want them to - for example pop colours and giant hardware. If you are unsure, start with something neutral that you feel confident with.

You're right! I think the colors and the GH have something to do with the "bling" effect. I do love the look (the Sang is gorgeous!) but don't have the personality to wear them. This is probably why I'm drawn to the muted colors like Storm, Pebble and the RH or GCH.

Great point. I think it's just me in awe of the Bal. It has such a big presence for me - truely an HG bag :girlsigh:

I felt this same way as you and was torn between getting a bright pop color for my first Bal or a more muted, neutral color. I went for the muted Tempete (Storm) and it's on the way:graucho:... I think you should definitely go for it too! I think this color will be a nice compliment to any outfit and won't "wear you"- it's not too bright or bold. If you know what I mean:P

Ooh, I'm so excited for you la6! Congratulations! I totally agree. You can't go wrong with an elegant neutral like Tempete. Dress it up or down, it'll work everytime.

I'm definitely thinking about taking the plunge. Just have to see which bag(s) in my collection I'll need to give up for it :P

Last edited:
There are so many combinations of Bal colours and hardware that its easier - and at the same time, harder - to pick a Bal that exactly matches your own personality and degree of being 'out there'.

I got a Tempete RH bag recently and while I can see why some people love them, for me, it's too muted - for the price there just isn't enough 'wow'. But each to her own, and we all find it eventually!