**BB Fall RAOK Reveal & Chat Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't sound like it! Nicole is playing outside in the backyard with her sister...Alex is sleeping right now and I'm sitting here seething. I'm becoming very frustrated with my grandmother's doctors. She's been having health problems since the beginning of this year and it just seems to be getting worse.

She had a mild stroke in January and recovered pretty well. A number of smaller problems have happened since then and now she's just plain tired, has water in her legs, can't walk 5 steps without having to sit down and breathe, has diabetes, etc etc etc. They did a blood test to determine her blood sugar level and it was 134. That's all they told her...134. They didn't tell her if it was high or low or what she should do. I'm waiting until I can get a hold of my mother before calling the doctor and giving them a piece of my mind. I'm tired of this BS.

^^Well, 134 is a little high, but just a one time blood sugar test doesn't tell you much. Is she on insulin or a diabetes pill? The best test to measure for diabetes is a blood test called A1C. It measures your average blood sugar over the last 3 months. So if it's high, like 10 or 11, you know your blood sugar was running high over the last 3 months. 6 or 7 is a good A1C. Sounds like she needs a good internal medicine MD.

Mel-I hope everything gets better! :hugs: doctors can be butts!

Anyways, I went to Beauty Brands last night and did some shopping ;) BTW: they are also having their $11.98 Liter Shampoo and Conditioner Sale! We bought 6 bottles last night and saved $80! How awesome is that?!?!

PS: Mel-I think you should have a MOD close the other thread, so people would be aware of this one.

^^Well, 134 is a little high, but just a one time blood sugar test doesn't tell you much. Is she on insulin or a diabetes pill? The best test to measure for diabetes is a blood test called A1C. It measures your average blood sugar over the last 3 months. So if it's high, like 10 or 11, you know your blood sugar was running high over the last 3 months. 6 or 7 is a good A1C. Sounds like she needs a good internal medicine MD.

No, she's not on any pills. She's been getting A1C readings the other times but this time they just said 134 and sent her on her way...

Is it time for reveals already? That was quick. I can't wait to live vicariously through all of you.
Sternchen, I dont know you but I will keep your grandma in my thoughts.

Mel, good for you for standing for your Grandmother....I've been in and out of hospitals myself for SO and they sure can give you the run-around. It helps to just tirelessly ask questions, keep in contact and be a participating presence. Squeaky wheel gets the oil!

Oh and YAY, our own chat thread! Thanks, Sunshine! Still buzzing from the excitement, girls!

I think part of the problem is also that she can't seem to remember things sometimes. It's either that or she's just not paying attention. She said the doctor also told her a different number (assuming A1C) but forgot it. She will call tomorrow when they open up again.

Is it time for reveals already? That was quick. I can't wait to live vicariously through all of you.
Sternchen, I dont know you but I will keep your grandma in my thoughts.

Buddies have been drawn so who knows...reveals could be coming soon! Some people like to send out teaser packages :graucho:

Thank you, very sweet of you :hugs:

I think part of the problem is also that she can't seem to remember things sometimes. It's either that or she's just not paying attention. She said the doctor also told her a different number (assuming A1C) but forgot it. She will call tomorrow when they open up again.

LOL, I see. Still, it is unfortunate they didn't send her home with some literature to help. We just had blood/glucose testing at work and the nurses were extremely helpful with information and such. In any case, best of luck to your Grandmother.

This is so helpful, from Cedes, so I am putting it here:

Since the shopping has taken place, this is a useful page for anyone doing online Sephora purchases:

http://www.sephora.com/promo/beautyb...51314:10427634

It lists ALL of their current promo codes, as opposed to the 2 or 3 they put on the freebies page. One that I know still works isn't listed on there - NOFRIZZDUO with any purchase for deluxe lab samples of Living Proof's new shampoo & conditioner. They're quite a decent size for freebies!

I thought about doing all my shopping for my buddy this weekend and sending the package out right away. hahaha. But I think I will wait a month or so. But will send a lovely teaser package!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.